Author Topic: Really bright lights at dusk/night [FSX SE DX10]  (Read 4057 times)

sidfadc

Really bright lights at dusk/night [FSX SE DX10]
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:11:48 am »
Hi guys,

So I just downloaded the trial of LSGG and it looks like this at night?  I'm using FSX SE with DX10 fixer.  My first thoughts are it isn't DX10 compatible, I know some sceneries struggle at night in DX10 mode.  However I have a few FSDT sceneries and they all perform well under DX10 even at night.  I have run the light convertor in the DX10 fixer as I do after every scenery upgrade.  I'm not running any modifications in my fsx.cfg file to make the runway/approach lights brighter.

https://s15.postimg.org/z0rhjbyvv/20161017000936_1.jpg
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:50:01 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Really bright lights at dusk/night [FSX SE DX10]
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 08:52:28 am »
My first thoughts are it isn't DX10 compatible, I know some sceneries struggle at night in DX10 mode.  However I have a few FSDT sceneries and they all perform well under DX10 even at night.  

All of our most recent sceneries are DX10 compatible, and they are advertised as such. Geneva is not one of them. And thanks to the fact we a Trial version, you can decide on the purchase without relying on the web site description.

sidfadc

Re: Really bright lights at dusk/night [FSX SE DX10]
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 12:08:34 pm »
Thanks Umberto, I thought as much.  That's why I download the trial first!  The airport looks absolutely fine in the day time so I'm assuming if I'm happy to only use the scenery during the day there should be no other DX10 specific issues?

Thanks
Sid