Author Topic: Can anyone help me?  (Read 3943 times)

RagingBlue

Can anyone help me?
« on: October 11, 2016, 03:29:45 am »
Hiya fellas, I'm wondering if there is anybody at all in the simming world that could help me out?

The air show smoke effect in this magnificent video has eluded me for awhile now, I just got back in to flight sim after awhile away,
But ever since I first started playing I've always wanted a great realistic air show smoke effect, I don't know why but its just something I could never settle
with the original old boring smoke effect. The one in this video is quite possibly my most wanted addon that I could never find and it seemed like nobody ever
really bothered to make a proper air show smoke effect for the likes of fighter jets and such. So I was wondering if anybody here could point me in the direction
of this amazing effect or to whom I can find it from?

Sorry for the long winded post but I felt like I needed a little backstory since I've gone through with adding a whole new topic to the board.
Thank you very much in advance!

PhantomTweak

Re: Can anyone help me?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 07:33:34 am »
The latest version of the FSX BA F/A-18C, v16.1, the Blue Angels version, has the air show smoke effect built in. I suggest you download it and give it a try. Works really well too.  It may be DL'd from right here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZVU1jaVUtTXZIVVU/view
In my opinion, it is the best F/A-18C available in the sim world, bar none. But it does have an excellent smoke effect, in the Blue Angels Airshow version. It has a switch to turn it on and off in the VC, and there is a key combo that will do it too, but I'll be darned if I recall it. I tend to fly the Clean and Training versions mostly. Now if they only had a C-130 with the Angel's colors, the smoke effect, and a JATO set-up available... :o
I'm kidding. The Hornet is incredible enough to chase any thought of any other plane right out of my head :D
Does that help you at all?
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 10:05:02 am »
Yea like Pat is saying the newest C model is the best way to go, best flying F/A-18 I have flown.
The F/A-18's in that video is the older A model. If you are interested in that one you can find it here:
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=FSX+Blue+Angels+F%2FA-18&x=21&y=8

If not mistaken it is based on the model that comes with  the Acceleration pack with added features.

Rick

micro

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 02:22:19 am »
Check your PMs