Author Topic: Minor problem customizing aircraft  (Read 1887 times)

pegasus

Minor problem customizing aircraft
« on: October 06, 2016, 10:47:55 pm »
I have an FSX Shorts 330 by Premaircraft. This particular aircraft has two models, passenger and cargo. I have customized the cargo version which is in its own file.

The passenger version, once again in its own file, uses a different model and the passenger and baggage entrances are in different positions to that of the cargo version. When I tried to customize the passenger version I found instead of the aircraft title "Shorts 330 Passenger" the words "MyTitle." I could not find a way to rename the customizing diagram and so was unable to proceed.

Could you please tell me how to customise the passenger version?

Both aircraft contain the same files except for the 'Model' file and FSX may become confused and be unable to separate the two aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Minor problem customizing aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 10:47:09 am »
The only way to do this, is to place the two variations in a different folder, something the airplane developers should have done, because:

The passenger version, once again in its own file, uses a different model and the passenger and baggage entrances are in different positions to that of the cargo version.

If the exits are in different positions, it would have required two separate aircraft.cfg files, each one with its own [Exits] section (and likely different loading stations too), that's why GSX assumes an airplane with incompatible set of exits should always be placed in its own separate folder: because it's the only proper way of doing it, without having to rely on cumbersome aircraft.cfg switching.

pegasus

Re: Minor problem customizing aircraft
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 01:07:41 pm »
I placed the passenger and cargo aircraft in separate files each having the aircraft passenger or cargo added to the aircraft description in the aircraft cfg prior to asking you for help.

On close examination the only difference in both aircraft cfgs is that one uses the passenger model the other the cargo model.

With this particular aircraft in its present form it appears that I shall have to chose which type, passenger or cargo to customise via FSDT GSX.