Author Topic: Baggage independent form Boarding  (Read 3031 times)

MaximusPrime

Baggage independent form Boarding
« on: September 26, 2016, 01:33:39 pm »
Hey,

I was wondering if there might be a chance of a future update where we will be able to start the baggage loading process indepently from the boarding process. I noticed many times at different airports worldwide that they often start baggage loading prior to boarding.

Also I was wondering if there's also a chance of extending the baggage load, since this is a rather quick process in GS, while in real life there are often multiple baggage carts coming one by one and with more bags to be loaded than in GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage independent form Boarding
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:22:54 pm »
I'm not sure what kind of value it would provide, since right now the passenger boarding it's nothing more than a pause with some sounds. Might be useful, once we'll have visible passengers.

skyymann

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 06:32:34 am »
What are the chances of independently operated jetways? In most cases, the forward jetway is pulled back 5 to 10 mins before departure. Just a thought :-)

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 09:42:22 am »
What are the chances of independently operated jetways?

?? The "Operate jetways" menu does just that. It's only relevant to SODE, since default CTRL+J jetways were always operated independently from GSX.

MaximusPrime

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 05:11:51 pm »
would there still be a chance of increased baggage and cargo load that takes a little longer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 07:17:22 pm »
would there still be a chance of increased baggage and cargo load that takes a little longer?

The baggage and cargo loading times has always been configurable in GSX, since it was released.

cowings1588

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 03:30:26 am »
Maximus Prime, I know what your getting at, but also keep in mind this is sim not real world.. In real world yes we do load sometimes before they actually start boarding up stairs at the gate side.. I know I'm a real life ramp agent, but also most of the time were boarding together.. So Virtualli kind of has a point there.. Sorry don't mean to burst your bubble  :(

What I would like to see though one day but here again this may have to get left to the imagination because not all airlines carry Cargo with bags like we do at UAL where we get US Mail & pets & other forms of cargo that fly with passenger luggage.. So if not cargo, maybe update the rampers if possible to stack those carts alittle neater & maybe see them add more bags on to those carts than just 4 - 5 like it is now & depending on the weight of load if possible once again. cause I'm not sure if you can or not but if you can make it so they have sometimes half a cart full cart of bags to load or unload depending on cargo weight.. Also if possible in future updates fixing it so its random on occasion you might still see couple bags left on cart which would imitate STBY luggage that didn't make the flight especially on a full flight but maybe for lighter flights where only so many pax on, every bag gets loaded & nothing is left on the cart.. However if its not possible don't worry I'll just keep imagining that those bags left on the cart automatically are standby bags that didn't make the flight. 

JetBlue I know is one airline that doesn't carry any cargo, that's why above I mentioned that it may have to be left to imagination still that there putting cargo on another airliner. Cause I'm sure it be almost possible to make some but not all carry it so I get just keeping the luggage & just imagining for the other airliners like UAL,AA, SWA that handle cargo..  What I was thinking though is maybe mixing some more style of baggage we'll see them load though.. keeping the kind of luggage you have now but also adding in some boxes here & there mixed in, cause sometimes I do see boxes come through as luggage.. Boxes like U-haul boxes, also some bags that are intl size, there bigger than your normal size luggage & wider..

I was wondering can this be done from my end or does it need to be done on your end, UAL does not use carts like Southwest at all, we may have them in tropical places like Hawaii but in Lower 48 UAL does not use anything but covered curtain style carts for bag carts.. Other than that they be in one of those ULD containers on wide body flights but for narrow body aircraft like 737,Airbus,757-200,300 & anything smaller. Only thing used by UAL is covered carts in lower 48.. Like I said if we had those other only place they may be used anymore is in Hawaii or any tropical place. So is there a place in settings I change that or is it something you'd have to change ?
COA
Bill