Author Topic: Problem creating dll.xml and exe.xml  (Read 4612 times)

contractpilot

Problem creating dll.xml and exe.xml
« on: September 08, 2016, 09:23:51 pm »
When I updated KIAH, GSX and the Add-on Manager to use the SODE feature I get the following message on all 3 installs:  Problem Creating: users\xxxxx\appdata\roaming\Microsoft\fsx-se\dll.xml and the same message creating exe.xml.  I click OK and the installation completes and indicates successfully installed.  I fly PMDG and QW sims and have ASN and various Orbx products.

Suggestions?

Paul K
KGYR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem creating dll.xml and exe.xml
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 11:52:06 am »
Do you have both FSX and FSX:SE installed ?

contractpilot

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 04:08:24 pm »
Umberto in response to your question - NO.  On this computer the only installation has been FSX-SE.  Many of my add-on programs, your airports and others, were reinstalled on the new setup with FSX-SE.  Yesterday after posting my original question, I flew a simulation from KSTL to KIAH and everything seems to be working with regards to GSX de-boarding and the jetway function in GSX at KIAH.

Paul K
KGYR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 05:47:48 pm »
Umberto in response to your question - NO.  On this computer the only installation has been FSX-SE. 

Then your registry keys are wrong. When there's only FSX:SE, the FSX:SE folders and registry keys should NOT be used, on a proper FSX:SE installation.

When there's only FSX:SE installed, and FSX was never installed before, the folders AND registry keys for FSX:SE are the FSX ONES

If the installer is trying to set the XML file  in \fsx-se\, it means you registry keys for FSX:SE are wrong, and are AS IF FSX was installed too. I guess this might be a result of some kind of other product installer, or when trying to fix a non-compliant installer.

See this post here, how the registry is supposed to be, on a proper FSX:SE Stand-Alone installation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13998.msg105549.html#msg105549