Author Topic: Larger fuel trucks + simultaneous services + lanyards  (Read 2018 times)

jonatangee

Larger fuel trucks + simultaneous services + lanyards
« on: September 21, 2016, 05:15:18 pm »
Hello,

I would like to suggest three improvements which would make GSX even better, in my opinion :-)

1) in most airports where I've flown, fuel trucks are much larger than what we see in GSX. In fact it's a tractor + a trailer, like in the attached picture. It would be nice (and realistic) to have such a model in GSX, at least for commercial aircrafts.

2) low-cost airlines such as Ryanair have very short turnaround times (25 minutes for RYR). So when they reach the gate, the fuel truck is already there and they start refuelling while deboarding the plane. It would be great if we could also ask for refuelling without needing to wait for the deboarding to complete.

3) at most airports where passengers disembark to the ground (no jetway), ground handlers install a picket near the extremity of the left wing and from that picket put lanyards to the front and rear stairs, such as on the second attachment. It makes a kind of triangle under the wing where passengers may, obviously, not go. Perhaps it's something that could be simulated on GSX as well, my only doubt is how to do it with airstairs as, if I'm right, airstairs are not considered by GSX.

I hope such improvements could be taken into account, it would be great :-)
Thanks for this amazing add-on though.

Jonatan Geeurickx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Larger fuel trucks + simultaneous services + lanyards
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 11:26:26 pm »
1) in most airports where I've flown, fuel trucks are much larger than what we see in GSX. In fact it's a tractor + a trailer, like in the attached picture. It would be nice (and realistic) to have such a model in GSX, at least for commercial aircrafts.

See this reply here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14383.msg105945.html#msg105945

2) low-cost airlines such as Ryanair have very short turnaround times (25 minutes for RYR). So when they reach the gate, the fuel truck is already there and they start refuelling while deboarding the plane. It would be great if we could also ask for refuelling without needing to wait for the deboarding to complete.

Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13995.msg103710.html#msg103710

The main issue is: the more vehicles are simultaneously present around the airplane, the more chances for conflicts, because there are not really "smart". If we tried to make them smarter (being more aware of each other), we'll increase the chance for traffic deadlocks around the airplane.

So, this feature won't happen: the refueling with no passengers on board, which we have now, is still the most common case.

3) at most airports where passengers disembark to the ground (no jetway), ground handlers install a picket near the extremity of the left wing and from that picket put lanyards to the front and rear stairs, such as on the second attachment. It makes a kind of triangle under the wing where passengers may, obviously, not go.

Not sure if it makes any sense without having actual passengers. Which we'll hopefully have, one day ( 64 bit ? )