Author Topic: Help Needed - Lost planes  (Read 2326 times)

jimstiles

Help Needed - Lost planes
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:38:28 pm »
Hello,

Not sure where to put this post so please move it if necessary.  Something has apparently happened on my end, I haven't been able to do any flying for about a month or so but when I started the computer back up, I think it may have reverted back to an earlier date or something, not sure as it was acting funny but after a couple of restarts in safe mode, it fixed itself.

But when I started my FSX-SE, it appears I still have my FSDreamteam airports, GSX and everything but there are no other aircraft at the airports (KMEM or KLAS or KLAX), haven't tried the others yet.

I think I saw something about this in another post some time ago but wasn't able to locate it, if you know the link, please post it and I'll check it out. Otherwise, anyone have any ideas what I need to do?

I do have My Traffic 6 installed, in fact, I've reinstalled it this morning but still no AI aircraft.  I'm also posting this on their forum but thought I'd check here too as the reponse is so much faster here.

Thanks for any hints anyone can provide,

Jim
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:43:57 pm by jimstiles »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help Needed - Lost planes
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 09:49:21 am »
Do you have AI planes on other (default) airports ? I'd start by removing everything related to KLAX, KLAS, or KMEM from the MyTraffic .BGLs folder.

jimstiles

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 06:03:02 pm »
I just tried some of the default airports and there is no AI traffic at any of them.  I'm sure it's not related to just my fsdreamteam airports, when I reinstalled the My Traffic 6 I chose the 'repair' option. I think I'll go back and delete it completely and then reinstall it, not sure if this will affect the default AI or not but a starting point.

Thanks for the help even though this isn't your product, I still haven't gotten a response from their forum board.

Jim

jimstiles

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 07:39:50 pm »
Well, just completely uninstalled My Traffic 6 and reinstalled it and still no AI traffic anywhere.  Unless I hear back from their support in the next few hours I guess I'll just completely uninstall everything including FSX-SE and start all over. At least I have backups of my addons and can get any FSDreamteam products that have been updated since I last got them so I should be ok starting fresh.

Thanks again for your suggestion,

Jim

jimstiles

Re: Help Needed - Lost planes - SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 09:12:53 pm »
Saved by the bell, or in this case, system restore.  Thank goodness I had a restore point to use earlier than when the problem appeared. I just happened to think that might work and it did.

All back to normal now.

Thanks again for the suggestions,

Jim