Author Topic: VA name in the GSX menu  (Read 3558 times)

Elsaday

VA name in the GSX menu
« on: September 14, 2016, 02:12:34 am »
Good evening.

I made my paintkit, but does not appear the name of the VA in GSX menu. What do I have to do?

Is there a file I have to configure to enter the name of the Virtual Airline?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: VA name in the GSX menu
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 11:11:10 am »
No operator will appear unless it's assigned to an airport. For a VA, you might probably want to choose between two solutions:

1) Assign your VA only to the airports you fly with that VA

OR

2) Assign your VA everywhere to take precedence over every operator, everywhere.

#1 is obtained by customizing the parking positions of the affected airports, and add the name of your airline to the parking codes. You can be as granular as you want, selecting either a single parking, and add your VA to the already existing atc parking code or replace them, or you can select a whole terminal, or even the whole airport, and the changes will affect many parkings at once

#2 is obtained by adding your VA name to the global GSX - Settings -> Simulation -> "Virtual Airline override".

Note that, the atc_parking_codes you insert, either in the parking customization or in the global Virtual Airline override, must match the atc_parking_codes you have set in the SIM.CFG of your repaint. That's the link between the code and the object.

Elsaday

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 02:33:06 pm »
OK, so help me understand better.

For example: the name of my VA is "MERCOSUL" (http://www.voemercosul.com/vam/) and I want to customize at all airports in the world, especially in Brazil.

You can show me how to get the lines of atc_parking_codes in the SIM.CFG, and show some of configuration photos you spoke in item 2?

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 04:01:50 pm »
You can show me how to get the lines of atc_parking_codes in the SIM.CFG

Assuming you know how to do a repaint, as explained in the PaintKit documentation, ALL the [fltsim.xx] sections of ALL the GSX objects for your VA repaint, should contain this line:

couatl.atc_parking_codes = MERCOSUL

and show some of configuration photos you spoke in item 2?

Just put MERCOSUL in the GSX - Settings -> Simulation -> "Virtual Airline override".

Elsaday

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 01:55:09 am »
Okay, thank you, but doing some tests, I realized that with the PMDG 777 and A320 AEROSOFT got some errors. See the pictures.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 09:32:04 am »
Okay, thank you, but doing some tests, I realized that with the PMDG 777 and A320 AEROSOFT got some errors. See the pictures.

That indicates you haven't set the texture paths correctly, because you can see your logo, but not the rest of the textures that come with GSX. Check your texture.cfg files, and be sure the fallbacks are correct, as indicated in the PaintKit documentation.