Author Topic: AES 1.99 "deactivated" at KORD  (Read 14548 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AES 1.99 "deactivated" at KORD
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 03:52:32 pm »
Interesting, I have NO other scenery for the Chicago area, only FSDT.

From the screenshot you posted, you obviously have, it's just you haven't found it yet.

Usually, this is a result of removing a scenery which places stray bgl in several places, that is easy to miss if the scenery doesn't come with a proper uninstaller.

A scenery might come also not as a "scenery", but also as an AFCAD support file for a traffic package, so it's not immediately obvious were it is.

So, probably there's something in FSDT causing this...

Obiously it's not, otherwise everybody would have it.

hlm65

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 05:17:02 pm »
What kind of "stray" bgl could be, name some, if not it is impossible to check !
And I never installed any other AFCAD for ORD, exceèpt the old Simflyers whcih was completely deleted.

hlm65

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 05:29:15 pm »
Could it be this one the culprit :
dem38_usap_chicago.bgl ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 05:44:33 pm »
It might, I don't have it in my FS9 folder, so it's not part of the default scenery. From the name, it looks like it's a mesh file, and meshes don't follow the layer priorities, meaning they'll always show up if there are no higher res meshes for that area. You can try renaming the bgl to another extension, and restart FS9.

hlm65

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 03:08:09 pm »
OK, it seems (at lesat from a couple fo tries) that this was the cause for the strange "surfacing" of the default AFCAD around 14L. Changing season to winter will not have the default hold lines appearing, which seems OK. The only thing is that the GS for 14L still seems misplaced (a touchdown will occur before the displaced threshold), but this may be easily cured moving the GS "antenna" in the proper place with AFCAD2. Thk for the help !