Author Topic: GSX Installation Runtime Error  (Read 4581 times)

kmoberg

GSX Installation Runtime Error
« on: September 01, 2016, 08:08:30 pm »
Hi.

I've been trying to update and now reinstall GSX, but keep getting the following error message when trying to install.

"Runtime Error (at 150:2448)

Error on line 7, position 2: Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document"

Followed by "List index out of bounds" if you click OK.

I searched the forums, and found something simmilar that was related to the p3d.cfg file, which I have now deleted and rebuilt. I've also checked both the DLL.XML  and exe.xml files which looks perfectly fine for an XML file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Installation Runtime Error
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 11:56:12 pm »
I searched the forums, and found something simmilar that was related to the p3d.cfg file, which I have now deleted and rebuilt. I've also checked both the DLL.XML  and exe.xml files which looks perfectly fine for an XML file.

P3D 3.x reads XML files from BOTH these locations:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3

The corrupted file which is causing the error is surely inside one of these folder, you are probably not looking at the offending one.

dazzer1305

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 10:54:30 pm »
Hi has this been resolved?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:48:18 pm »
Hi has this been resolved?

Not sure what you mean with "solved".

If you mean if the user solved it, we don't know, since he never posted back with the result of the suggestion.

If, instead, you mean if we "solved" it, there's nothing to be solved on our side, we surely cannot fix corrupted files on user's systems, and our installers won't dare to touch an already corrupted XML, because it will risk corrupting it even more.