Author Topic: Installation Problem  (Read 3886 times)

lifendet

Installation Problem
« on: August 24, 2016, 10:42:05 pm »
I was having a problem installing Orbx scenery. After getting that squared away I'm having problems installing FSDT payware Airports. Picture of fault provided. Its happening with all the Airports.In Appdata\Roaming I only have a FSX folder. The FSX SE folder got deleted during the fix for Orbx. I think that's the problem,its looking for the FSX SE folder. How do I redirect it to the FSX Folder?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:47:14 am »
I was having a problem installing Orbx scenery. After getting that squared away I'm having problems installing FSDT payware Airports. Picture of fault provided. Its happening with all the Airports.In Appdata\Roaming I only have a FSX folder. The FSX SE folder got deleted during the fix for Orbx. I think that's the problem,its looking for the FSX SE folder. How do I redirect it to the FSX Folder?

You made some kind of mistake when fixing the Orbx problem, most likely because you were trying to fix an installer that didn't support FSX:SE in dual mode properly. The issue is in the registry, which now doesn't match your current situation anymore.

See this reply here, which explains how the registry keys are supposed to be when the sim is installed properly:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14166.msg104727.html#msg104727