Author Topic: GSX is not working.  (Read 5496 times)

GoldenCapacity

GSX is not working.
« on: August 21, 2016, 01:58:45 am »
I am using GSX with FSX. My GSX was working fine until one day when an "addon manager" upgrade was available. I clicked ignore, and planned to update it next time I used GSX. Next time that I did use GSX, I didn't get the "airport cache verified" message, but Coutai and Addon Manager were still working. The GSX menu would not open, so I looked in the manuals and it says to try restarting Coutai. I restarted Coutai and it did not come back. I've tried this about 3 times and it still doesn't work, and I also tried to reinstall GSX. Any suggestions?

c09RKC

Re: GSX is not working.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 03:59:28 pm »
I'm seeing the same thing.

Doug

Chris737freak

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 12:16:41 am »
The same  :( ???

best regards

Chris737freak

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 12:40:59 am »
After the install of the new Addon manger update didint work on FSX anymore >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 01:33:31 pm »
I checked this, downloaded and installed the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and I cannot see any problems, FSX works normally as it should.

Also, the latest update didn't had any changes that affected FSX, it only includes very small changes that affects P3D only.

The only possible reason for this, is that you must have had a problem with the antivirus, either blocking or (worse) corrupting the downloaded file. A corrupted file will surely make FSX crash on start.

Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now, with the antivirus off, and then configure the antivirus to exclude the whole FSX folder from scanning.

c09RKC

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 02:13:42 pm »
Working now, all menus appear when needed.

I'd taken the steps Umberto suggested awhile back, that's where my initial post started... it still wasn't working but I found what my system wanted.

a - I need to toggle the fuel cutoff levers & parking brake
b - I need(ed) to, from the airport where it wasn't working, put the aircraft at a new airport. At this point it began working like a champ.

Why taking these steps did the trick? I've no idea but that's when it started working. I saved the new airport as default for FSX startup and from that point it kept working.

So good luck, there is hope...
Doug

Chris737freak

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 03:17:35 pm »
I reinstall  with Antivirus off !  All bulidings @LSGG etc. and GSX was lost! I ignoire the bevor is started the FSX bngldll and coutl.exe !

best regards  >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 10:44:48 pm »
I reinstall  with Antivirus off !  All bulidings @LSGG etc. and GSX was lost! I ignoire the bevor is started the FSX bngldll and coutl.exe !

I'm sorry, but you really need to find a way to write more clearly. Do you have the "Addon Manager" menu and the GSX menu under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

You said you had the "same" problem as the OP, but he said he DOES have the menus, but it seems your problem is entirely different instead.

colang

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 07:49:20 pm »
Hello,
I had the same problem.
Pressing both CTRL F12 and CTRL ALT F12, almost nothing happens.
I can see only the cones appear around the plane but no menu to request pushback or boarding or deboarding.
I just downloaded and reinstalled the last gsx installer and standalone installer (I have Prepar3D 3.35)
The menu items under add-ons  are present but also selecting them have no effect, except for settings, restart couatl and other functions, but not the gsx menu.
Looking in the dll.xml and exe.xml I can see the usual lines in both files in program data\Lockheed Martin\... instead of the files in users\profilename\appdata\roaming\etc etc that contains the entries for all other products.
So, I cannot figure what can be wrong in installation or configuration.
Thanks for any help and hint.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 01:09:48 pm »
Hello,  I had the same problem.

No, you don't. This post is about FSX not starting up after the recent update, which is surely caused by the antivirus.

I can see only the cones appear around the plane but no menu to request pushback or boarding or deboarding.
I just downloaded and reinstalled the last gsx installer and standalone installer (I have Prepar3D 3.35)

Your problem, instead, is entirely different, since you use P3D, your sim starts normally, and you surely DO have the GSX menu under the "Addons" bar, clearly indicating GSX is working normally, which is further confirmed by the appearance of the traffic cones.

Your problem has nothing to do with GSX, and it has been discussed so many times on the forum, for example here, in the thread named "GSX Doesn't work in my P3D V3.3.5":

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14246.msg105103.html#msg105103

It's a very well klnown P3D installation problem that, if you upgrade P3D using the "Client" installer, the files needed to support the new menu styles won't be installed, which results in ALL 3rd PARTY addons with a menu stop working, not just GSX, but also FS Passengers, SODE, and countless of other 3rd party apps that displays an in-game menu.

The issue can be fixed by installing the P3D "Content" or the P3D "Full" installer.

colang

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 11:45:07 pm »
Uh, oh...
sorry i missed that post.
And yes, I upgraded to P3Dv3.35 using only client, so I have to upgrade the content and see.
Thanks for reply, I'll try to do this ASAP.

jimmyr518

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 03:58:42 am »
I had the same problem i downloaded the update and now i get the could not find a valid Afcad message.  i turned off my virus protection and redownloaded gsx and it worked fine for 1 day. Tried again got the afcad message again.  I tried unmarking it as a read only file but has not worked. im not very computer savy but have a general idea.  please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 11:42:10 am »
I had the same problem i downloaded the update and now i get the could not find a valid Afcad message. 

What do you mean with "same" problem ? The one in this subject, which is FSX not starting, or the one reported by the last poster, which is the missing menu in P3D ?

In any case, try to select the "Restart and rebuild the Airport Cache" from the GSX Settings menu.

jimmyr518

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 02:51:54 am »
Meaning after I downloaded the update it gave me the could not find AFCAD message.  I reinstalled it with the virus protection off it worked once then when I restarted my system it wouldn't work again. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 02:32:31 pm »
I reinstalled it with the virus protection off it worked once then when I restarted my system it wouldn't work again.

That's because it's not enough to disable the antivirus while installing. You MUST also configure the antivirus to exclude the whole simulator folder from scanning, otherwise the antivirus might try to block it while running, even if it was allowed to install.

Uninstall and reinstall with the antivirus properly configured. And, we had an update yesterday, try to download and install that one.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:34:31 pm by virtuali »