Author Topic: SODE jetway problem at Tropicalsim SBGL 2016  (Read 3814 times)

w6kd

SODE jetway problem at Tropicalsim SBGL 2016
« on: August 20, 2016, 12:01:26 am »
Using P3D v3.3.5 and SODE 1.3.4

There are three heavy gates at Tropicalsim's SBGL 2016 (gates 59/62/65).  At all of them, any attempt to move the jetway to a parked PMDG 777 using the GSX menu option results in "SODE connection lost!" and subsequently GSX says the jetway animations are unavailable.  But if I then go to the SODE menu, I can move the jetway to the door using SODE directly.  I've tried restarting SODE and restarting Couatl...always the same.

Also, I read that an ADE bgl with no parking is supposed to be ignored automatically by GSX, but at this scenery the ZBGL_ADEX.bgl (which has no parking and supports a taxiway bridge) causes none of the parking spots on the entire airport to be recognized until I add airport_visibility_zbgl=0.0 to the CouatlAddons.ini file.

I downloaded and reinstalled GSX...the readme says 1.9.9.4, the program version in the file properties says 1.9.9.5, and the "About" icon in the customize menu has no information at all about version number.  Where do I find the unambiguous actual version number of the currently installed GSX?

Regards

Bob Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE jetway problem at Tropicalsim SBGL 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 11:23:01 am »
I downloaded and reinstalled GSX...the readme says 1.9.9.4, the program version in the file properties says 1.9.9.5, and the "About" icon in the customize menu has no information at all about version number.  Where do I find the unambiguous actual version number of the currently installed GSX?

The GSX "version" is not something that it's easy to define, since a lot of its files are *downloaded* when the installer is running so, even if you have an installer which is not totally up to date, you will STILL get the latest "version", provided nothing in your system is *blocking* downloads, like an antivirus or an anti-spyware program.

This means, if the download of updated files hasn't been blocked (but you should have seen warnings while installing), and if you installed recently (last Live Update was August 10th), you can be reasonably sure you have the latest version.

The issue is, BOTH the issues you have reported, the problem with some 3rd party sceneries using SODE and the automatic exclusion of AFCADs with no parkings, are SUPPOSED to be fixed in the latest version.

So, please, try to run the GSX installer again, now, and see if the problem is still there. If it's not fixed, we'll try to investigate using this scenery.

w6kd

Re: SODE jetway problem at Tropicalsim SBGL 2016
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 08:09:00 pm »
No success, unfortunately.  Reinstalled GSX with the antivirus (NOD32 V9) off.  No errors...looked like all the python files and scripts were already the latest versions.  Same problem...in P3D v3.3.5 with PMDG B777 at gates 59-62-65 (the only heavy gates) I always get "SODE Connection Lost!" when attempting to operate the jetway via GSX menu option 6, but jetways work when operated with SODE directly.  Scenery is TropicalSim's Rio de Janeiro SBGL 2016.

Regards

Bob Scott