Author Topic: o'hare installation  (Read 5089 times)

aal763

o'hare installation
« on: December 26, 2008, 07:57:57 pm »
Hello I purchased o'hare back in march for FS9 running on Windows XP 32-bit.  For Christmas I received a new Dell computer with Windows Vista 64-bit.  [/b] Is it possible to reload O'hare on the new computer with FSX free of charge.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: o'hare installation
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 08:02:34 pm »
As clearly explained on the manual (fsdt_install_guide.pdf), the website (faq) section, and on the forum here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=649.0

There are several ways to reinstall the scenery, even in case you lost your original email receipt, and the bottom line is that you will NEVER have any need to pay twice, nor you have to pay any fee to re-download the scenery, because thanks to our Trial system, all the latest installers are always freely available.

aal763

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 09:31:23 pm »
When I try to reinstall using the addon manager, I entered in my order number and my email address, but when I press ok it says it cannot reinstall because I must install using the same software that I bought it on.  This doesn't mean that I have to reinstall FSX does it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:36:34 am »
If you bought from the web, and not from inside flight sim, you should use the "Register Serial", NOT the "Reinstall" function.

And, anyway, the "Reinstall" function should be only used as a backup, in case you lost your serial, or you don't want to type it. The preferred, suggested, and better method is, as clearly suggested in the forum topic I've sent you, is to use the "Register Serial" option.