Author Topic: FSX Startup crash  (Read 31804 times)

Gary_Hayes

Re: FSX Startup crash
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 05:57:07 pm »
I can confirm I have the same issue.

After installing ORD I now get the error and if I say yes it CTD.

Here below is my dll.xml and my scenery cfg out of the main FSX folder.  I dont have one in the appdata\microsoft\fsx folder.

I run Vista 32 and do not have any other scenery addons installed yet for FSX.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:06:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 10:06:16 pm »
I can confirm I have the same issue.

After installing ORD I now get the error and if I say yes it CTD.

As I've said, never mind if it doesn't work the first time. Try a reboot, launch FSX, if you see the error, allow it to run, exit and try again. It will disappear.

Here below is my dll.xml and my scenery cfg out of the main FSX folder.  I dont have one in the appdata\microsoft\fsx folder.

This problem doens't have antything to do with scenery.cfg. And, anyway, the scenery.cfg is NOT in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, but is inside %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\FSX. But is not needed anyway.

I run Vista 32 and do not have any other scenery addons installed yet for FSX.

As your dll.xml clearly shows, you have several modules installed. It's the modules that can create this kind of conflicts. However, for the solution, see above.

If you still see the error, try disabling the antivirus OR (better) try excluding the FSX main folder from scanning. And, after having done this, reinstall the Addon Manager, because your antivirus MIGHT have blocked it at install time, so you don't have the correct version yet.

Gary_Hayes

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 11:22:01 pm »
As I've said, never mind if it doesn't work the first time. Try a reboot, launch FSX, if you see the error, allow it to run, exit and try again. It will disappear.

I understand and I would have not posted here if I had not already tried it a few times. 

But after reading your post I DID try it once more, got the error, allowed it to run, CTD.  I rebooted, tried it again, same result.

As your dll.xml clearly shows, you have several modules installed. It's the modules that can create this kind of conflicts. However, for the solution, see above.

If you still see the error, try disabling the antivirus OR (better) try excluding the FSX main folder from scanning. And, after having done this, reinstall the Addon Manager, because your antivirus MIGHT have blocked it at install time, so you don't have the correct version yet.

My free copy of macafee ran out and I uninstalled it long ago.  I have NO antivirus software currently (stupid I know).  But I went into control panel, made sure windows defender was disabled, and windows firewall disabled.  I then re downloaded the latest addon manager and ran that.  I got the newest versions of the software. 

Upon starting FSX same error, I said yes.  CTD.  I rebooted, re ran FSX, CTD again.

I understand your frustrated from having to deal with this issue as every machine is different, trust me I know I work over at LDS and we had the same issues with FSX/vista..etc.

Please if you ave ANY ideas I am open to try anything and help you and I solve this issue, which may in turn help others.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2008, 12:24:39 am »
Please if you ave ANY ideas I am open to try anything and help you and I solve this issue, which may in turn help others.

Try this:

- open FSX.CFG (found under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX ), search for all the lines that contains a reference to bglmanx.dll, DELETE every line that has one. Save the file.

- delete from the FSX main folder all the files that starts with bglmanx* (there should be 1 .dll and 3 .dat)

- reboot

- reinstall the Addon Manager, check is downloading these files when the installation starts.

- launch FSX, check that is asking you to trust the module, trust the module, and see if it works. As usual, try it at least twice.

Gary_Hayes

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2008, 02:25:27 am »
Man I tried everything you mentioned 3 times now.  Still same issue..

if it helps at all here is the error FSX produces on the details.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   fsx.exe
  Application Version:   10.0.61472.0
  Application Timestamp:   475e17d3
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_9d59
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0ad01b9e
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   9d59
  Additional Information 2:   10f5066538a8f6752bf8eea7ed7f6d34
  Additional Information 3:   9a28
  Additional Information 4:   d9399b4a2e93c7175d2c446b36be1e26

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2008, 02:57:46 am »
Man I tried everything you mentioned 3 times now.  Still same issue..

Can you try disabling all other modules in DLL.XML, and leave just the Addon Manager on ?

Gary_Hayes

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2008, 03:49:05 am »
yea I disabled every addon in dll.xml except addon manager, still same problem.

Oh well I guess this one is just a mystery vista/FSX problem.