Author Topic: Some jetways way up in the air .  (Read 6784 times)

United_fan

Some jetways way up in the air .
« on: August 13, 2016, 09:20:13 pm »
Some jetways are way too high at there plane end.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some jetways way up in the air .
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 02:29:32 pm »
Does it happen with a default airplane ?

United_fan

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 07:17:17 pm »
I don't know . I deleted all default planes.

bradl

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 07:34:03 pm »

Wish it were that way IRL! I'd slide down that jetway, or better yet, grab a Big wheel, speed down that jetway, pull the break, and spin out into the terminal!   :P

BL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 09:46:09 am »
I don't know . I deleted all default planes.

KLAS uses default jetway animations, and they are only controlled by FSX using the [Exits] section of the aircraft.cfg file. So, the reason of my question was to ensure there wasn't any problem with them.

Unfortunately, if you really deleted all default planes, it might be more difficult to reply to this question, which might have discovered a problem with the exists on the airplane.cfg of the 3rd party planes you are using.

The only thing sure, it's not a problem of the scenery, since nobody ever reported it before.

kityatyi

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 03:57:37 pm »
I can confirm the same. Scenery is FSDT KJFK, aircraft is PMDG 777-300ER and the jetway is up in the air.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 04:08:57 pm »
I can confirm the same. Scenery is FSDT KJFK, aircraft is PMDG 777-300ER and the jetway is up in the air.

From your screenshot, the jetways seems to be connected correctly, the only real issue, is that you parking the airplane on a gate where the jetway is not really suitable for a 777.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:10:33 pm by virtuali »

kityatyi

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 09:24:03 pm »
The gate should be suitable for the 777, as it is a heavy gate both in real world frequently used by triple sevens as well as in your excellent JFK scenery (Terminal 4 gate A5, in the product it is Gate 405) and even GSX considers it suitable without any modifications to the parking position. The jetway is indeed properly connected to the fuselage and door, but its undercarriage is high up in the air.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:31:26 pm by kityatyi »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 11:07:41 am »
The gate should be suitable for the 777, as it is a heavy gate both in real world frequently used by triple sevens as well as in your excellent JFK scenery (Terminal 4 gate A5, in the product it is Gate 405)

Sure, it might be suitable in real world, but what I was saying is that it's not suitable for a 777 in this scenery!

GSX considers it suitable without any modifications to the parking position.

GSX only reads the parking radius, it doesn't know anything about what the jetway model on a parking can do or will look like.

The jetway is indeed properly connected to the fuselage and door, but its undercarriage is high up in the air.

This means the jetways is working, it's just the model is not designed for a 777. Not possible to fix it without updating the scenery, adding new jetway models that could reach higher on some parkings.

We'll note it when we'll revisit JFK, which will surely use enhanced SODE jetways.

kityatyi

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 10:21:01 am »
Fair enough, thanks for your input! As for a future update with SODE jetways, that sounds great!