Author Topic: activation issue with KLAS in P3DV3.1  (Read 3936 times)

Stewie

activation issue with KLAS in P3DV3.1
« on: August 08, 2016, 09:25:45 pm »
Hi all - just bought KLAS for P3DV3.  Installed the trial, no issues there.  In trying to activate it though the add-on manager (ultimately prompted by the box that says FSDTKLAS-     ) I simply copy/pasted the 20 letter/digit code provided on my simmarket receipt.  And - I get a message saying "Failed to contact the activation server ....etc etc.."  Anti-virus IS off, windows 7.1 firewalls ARE down.  So I tried to activate manually, and am shown a series of boxes A-J that is no way jives with my activation key.  My code as provided begins with FSDTKLAS - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, five block of four numbers/letter.  Tried every possible combo of entering them into the A-J format that has 11 boxes for some reason, to include trying with both FSDTKLAS as part of it and not part of it, and nothing - manual activation always ends with "activation key not valid - error = 8225.7769.   Most entries I've seen in the forum are about issues after install, mine is the activation itself.

Any help for this would be greatly appreciated.

Stew   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: activation issue with KLAS in P3DV3.1
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:34:59 am »
Anti-virus IS off, windows 7.1 firewalls ARE down.

If the activation server cannot be contacted, and you see that message, it's sure that "something" is still blocking online access to the activation server, this is 100% sure. Esellerate uses many redundant activation servers, it's almost impossible they would be all down at the same time. The only possible reason for not being able to contact the activation server, is because a security product, like a firewall, an antivirus or an anti-spyware, is blocking the sim from contacting the activation server.

However, since many users don't know or cannot deactivate their security software, that's a web-based activation as an alternative, which surely works too.

So I tried to activate manually, and am shown a series of boxes A-J that is no way jives with my activation key.  My code as provided begins with FSDTKLAS - XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, five block of four numbers/letter.  

You are confusing your Serial Number with the activation key.

Your Serial Number is the one that begins with FSDTKLAS, and it should have been obvious where you are supposed to place it: when you use the "Register Serial" button of the Addon Manager, and the dialog box that asks for your Serial Number will even starts with "FSDTKLAS-", in order to make it absolutely clear what is expecting from you, which is the only code in your purchase receipt that starts with "FSDTKLAS-".

The Activation key, instead, is what you will getting BACK from the Esellerate site, AFTER you follow the manual activation procedure, and the format of this key matches the only place where you are asked for an Activation Key, which is the activation window displayed when you get back to the sim.

This is the correct procedure for the web-based activation

- In the “Register Serial” dialog you should ONLY insert your SERIAL NUMBER. NOTHING ELSE!!

- When the program says the activation servers cannot be contacted, select the offline activation, and then click the first option:

"Activate using a web browser on this computer"

- Click on the “Next” button or the link that points to “activate.esellerate.net”

- A web browser page will open, with the "Installation ID" field already pre-filled. There’s no need to type anything, just press the "Submit" button

- A new web page will appear with the "Activation key”, which is a longer code that can be then copied & pasted in the activation window of the Add-on Manager menu inside FSX
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:39:12 am by virtuali »

Stewie

Re: activation issue with KLAS in P3DV3.1
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 03:29:36 pm »
Not sure what the issue is with the AV/Firewall ... I use Panda, that's it.  They were both off so if there's something else interfering then I don't know what it is.  This machine is for simming only so I don't have much on it. 

No matter - I followed your instructions for the website option and it worked perfectly.  Thanks so much for that, was getting frustrated!

I appreciate you taking the time to explain the process - I'll have it down now in the future.  Thanks!!