Author Topic: PHLI couatl error after disabling mytraffic BGL file  (Read 5244 times)

captain420

PHLI couatl error after disabling mytraffic BGL file
« on: August 04, 2016, 04:33:39 am »
I had the same problem as before. I am seeing double markings, so what I did was what was recommended in another thread. I found the duplicate BGL file, and it was in mytraffic folder. I renamed this file BR2_PHLI.BGL and added the .disabled extension to turn it off. Fired up P3D and loaded the airport off and the problem is fixed. However when I open up the GSX Menu to park or use the followme feature, it gave me an error saying it cannot find the BR2_PHLI.BGL file.

So what am I suppose to do? Without that file I cannot use GSX Menu for parking or follow me features. But if I have that file enabled, then I get the double markings again. Not sure how to fix this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHLI couatl error after disabling mytraffic BGL file
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 10:39:39 am »
I renamed this file BR2_PHLI.BGL and added the .disabled extension to turn it off. Fired up P3D and loaded the airport off and the problem is fixed. However when I open up the GSX Menu to park or use the followme feature, it gave me an error saying it cannot find the BR2_PHLI.BGL file.

Are you sure you are running the current version of GSX ?

Older versions had a problem that didn't always recognized a removed file automatically so, before trying anything else, download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, to be sure you have the latest version of the software.

If this is not fixed with the latest software (it should), try the option to "Restart and rebuild the Airport cache" option from the Couatl - Settings menu. But FIRST try with the update, because doing this manually shouldn't be necessary.

captain420

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 08:57:26 pm »
Yes, I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of the add-on manager and GSX because I have recently reinstalled Windows 10. I did a clean install and manually installed everything back.

I'll go ahead and redownload the stand alone manager again and try to be sure  though.

captain420

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 09:26:06 pm »
UPDATE: Okay so to be sure, I downloaded the stand alone add-on manager and also GSX, reinstalled, it asked me to update the AFCAD files, so I say yes, and then i had to reactivate SODE. After this I fired up PHLI again with the mytraffic PHLI bgl on as by default, saw the double markings, so I quit P3D, went ahead and disabled that file, then loaded up P3D again, double lines are gone, but the problem is still there when I go ahead and access the GSX menu, it gives me a green bar along the top with a message saying:

[GSX] System error while trying to access E:\Applications\Mytraffic Proffesional\mytraffic\scenery\BR2_PHLI.bgl Createfile failed, the system cannot find the file specified ... (system: 2)

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 02:33:14 pm »
 Don't forget to remove the airport files from MyTraffic for any other addon airports as well to avoid further issues.

Did you "try the option to "Restart and rebuild the Airport cache" option from the Couatl - Settings menu." as mentioned by Umberto?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 02:40:27 pm »
[GSX] System error while trying to access E:\Applications\Mytraffic Proffesional\mytraffic\scenery\BR2_PHLI.bgl Createfile failed, the system cannot find the file specified ... (system: 2)

As I've said in my last reply:

If this is not fixed with the latest software (it should), try the option to "Restart and rebuild the Airport cache" option from the Couatl - Settings menu.

captain420

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 10:42:01 pm »
Yes, if I go to the menu and select the option to "Restart and rebuild the Airport cache" then it fixes it. But like virtuali says, the process is suppose to be automated and I shouldn't need to do this.

So how can I fix this?

I don't want to manually Restart and rebuild the Airport cache for every airport that has a problem when the the software is suppose to automatically do this for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 11:25:14 pm »
Yes, if I go to the menu and select the option to "Restart and rebuild the Airport cache" then it fixes it. But like virtuali says, the process is suppose to be automated and I shouldn't need to do this.

Yes, it should, but maybe the issue is that, instead of removing the conflicting .BGL, you renamed it, which is a different situation the program might not be able to detect.

I don't want to manually Restart and rebuild the Airport cache for every airport that has a problem when the the software is suppose to automatically do this for me.

The software DOES it automatically, in most cases. That's why we always suggest to REMOVE conflicting airport files, like those for MyTraffic, because renaming might not be detected so easily as a rename, not without slowing down the cache regeneration process.