Author Topic: No options under Addon Manager bar?  (Read 4425 times)

dr_watson

No options under Addon Manager bar?
« on: December 24, 2008, 12:37:18 pm »
Hello

I have downloaded LSZH for FS9.  I really like the scenery so decided to purchase it. When I go to the Addon Manager menu, there is no options inside this menu??? Running XP Home 32bit.

Is there a way to fix this or is there another way to purchase the Reg file license.

Congrats on great scenery.  It would be nice to have been offered a discount for purchasing all 3 addons so far, any plans to do that in the future

Best Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No options under Addon Manager bar?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:42:10 pm »
If you see the scenery, it means the Addon Manager is running.

You should see a sub-menu for each publisher (you select FSdreamteam in this case), which will open another sub-menu for all the products for that publisher, and you should select the product you want to buy, and then "Buy" or "Buy on Web"

dr_watson

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:45:38 pm »
I see the scenery, no problem.  It last for 5 mins or so.  I also see the Addon Manager menu but there are no sub menu`s inside it. There is nothing at all in the addon manager menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:55:14 pm »
I see the scenery, no problem.  It last for 5 mins or so.  I also see the Addon Manager menu but there are no sub menu`s inside it. There is nothing at all in the addon manager menu.

I'm sorry, but that just not possible. If you don't have any sub-menu, it could happen if you deleted the bglman*.dat files, but that would result in no scenery shown as well. So, if you have the scenery, you should have the sub-menus as well.

UNLESS, but this is a very unlikely case (not impossible, just very unlikely) ANOTHER program in Windows has "stolen" the menu ID, which is a number from 0 to 65536, but is shared across the whole system so, if another application that started before FS9 has registered its own menus and, by chance, has used the same IDs of the Addon Manager, the menu creation failed.

In this case, the only possible solution would be that you try to stop as many started programs as you can before starting FS9 and hopefully, the conflict might be resolved.

dr_watson

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 10:10:13 pm »
Hi

I deleted all 3 addons, ran ccleaner reg fix program. Restarted PC, reinstalled zurich only and now the menu seems to be working.

Not sure what the prob was but it looks like I can buy a nice present for myself tomorrow!

Thx for your help.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 10:33:11 pm by dr_watson »