Author Topic: GSX Blank Menu for Customize Airport Positions **SOLVED**  (Read 4748 times)

mikeya1975

GSX Blank Menu for Customize Airport Positions **SOLVED**
« on: July 27, 2016, 03:03:19 am »
Hello,

I just recently did a fresh install of FSX Acceleration. I reinstalled GSX and to my dismay, ANY airport I visit, there are no gate assignments! Every airport is blank when I pull up the menu for customization.

I am stumped. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

P.S. The usual green menu bar across the top is blank with no text when I trigger shift+f12

??? ???
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:30:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Blank Menu for Customize Airport Positions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 11:25:32 am »
Try to select the "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" option from the Couatl Settings menu. Be sure you wait for the cache regeneration to complete successfully.

Configuring the antivirus to exclude the whole flight sim folder from scanning will speed up the cache regeneration a lot, maybe it's just proceeding very slowly because of the antivirus, so you cannot see any airport until the process is done. On a normal system it shouldn't take more than 20-30 seconds ( at most ), but with the antivirus enabled and not properly configured, it might take several minutes.

mikeya1975

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 06:00:44 am »
Try to select the "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" option from the Couatl Settings menu. Be sure you wait for the cache regeneration to complete successfully.

Configuring the antivirus to exclude the whole flight sim folder from scanning will speed up the cache regeneration a lot, maybe it's just proceeding very slowly because of the antivirus, so you cannot see any airport until the process is done. On a normal system it shouldn't take more than 20-30 seconds ( at most ), but with the antivirus enabled and not properly configured, it might take several minutes.

Hello,
Thank you for your swift response. Unfortunately, the cache regeneration didn't work. I never have my anti virus enabled when using FSX. My error message reads, "There are no parking assignments available at this airport". I have attached a photo.

Please help.
Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:26:50 am »
. My error message reads, "There are no parking assignments available at this airport". I have attached a photo.

The screenshot indicates GSX is surely using the wrong file, because that looks like an empty file with just the altitude definition and it likely has no parkings.

Are you SURE you are using the CURRENT version of the software ? Because, with the latest update we had last week, the program is able to automatically discard a file with no parkings.

To be sure you have the current version, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which you should have received a notification to do that during the past week anyway.

mikeya1975

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 05:07:05 pm »
Yes. You were absolutely right. As I thought my GSX was current, it wasn't. I downloaded the installer and re-installed the stand alone manager. It worked.

Thanks for your help :)
Regards