Author Topic: Couatl.exe does not run **SOLVED**  (Read 4939 times)

rafael_fsx

Couatl.exe does not run **SOLVED**
« on: July 25, 2016, 03:00:18 pm »
Hi there,

Yesterday I bought two new sceneries from you: Los Angeles V2 and New York JFK V2. It wasn't cheap at all.

After the sceneries installation I installed the Standalone Addon Manager, everything appeared to be OK, so far.

After running FSX (my version is the boxed one, and has SP1 and SP2 installed) one window pops out requesting the the allowance of the Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX. After I click on "Allow" my hole system freezes and all action I can take is to reset the Windows pressing the reset button manually. I spend the hole night looking for answers here in this forum, google, youtube and nothing. Also tried to disable my antivirus (Bitdefender Total Security 2016), tried to open an exception to my Anti Virus to not scan the couatl.exe and the .dml file witch I can't recall it's name now.

I did a second test uninstalling both sceneries (and selected YES to uninstall the addon manager and the Couatl as well). Before the reinstallation, I disabled my Anti Virus, every functionality was turned off, and this include the Firewall (did the same for windows firewall). i installed it and tried to run and nothing.. it freezes my computer just like the first attempt.

So I gave up to try to "allow"it on my FSX and decided to skip this step:
After Windows reboot, I choose to "don't allow" the running of the Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX and FSX opens normally. But when I try to load he scenery, it simply shows nothing, no taxiways, no runways, no buildings, NOTHING. It happens in both sceneries. So, I assume I really need the Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX allowed to run on my FSX/Windows.

Here's what I've got on my PC:

FSX Boxed (SP1 and SP2 installed)
Windows 10 x64
REX 4 (with it's latest version and Service Pack as well)
REX Soft Clouds (with it's latest version and Service Pack as well)
PrecipitFX (with it's latest version
FlyTampa: Dubai, Sydney, TNCM (with it's latest versions)
Aerosoft: London Heathrow, Paris CDG, Manhattan X, Frankfurt V2 (with it's latest versions)
ORBX FTX Global Vector V1.40
ORBX FTX Global Base
ORBX FTX Global openLC Europe
ORBX FTX NA Alaska/Canada
Tropicalsim Guarulhos SBGR 2015
FSPassengers X
FSUIPC

Everything is running on it's latest versions and latest version of ORBX libraries.

PLEASE, help me!!! I really want to fly in those sceneries. I saw the pics and youtube videos and I loved them. I just can't understand I i'm the only one that cannot runs and have fun with it.

Thank you,

Rafael.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 04:38:39 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: (HELP) Couatl.exe does not run
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:05:37 pm »
all action I can take is to reset the Windows pressing the reset button manually. I spend the hole night looking for answers here in this forum, google, youtube and nothing. Also tried to disable my antivirus (Bitdefender Total Security 2016), tried to open an exception to my Anti Virus to not scan the couatl.exe and the .dml file witch I can't recall it's name now.

The only program that can cause a freeze that can ONLY be solved pressing the Reset button, it's not a normal program like FSX or our programs. Only a system service with higher permission levels, like the Antivirus, can do that.

So, the most likely cause, is that you haven't properly configured the antivirus to exclude the files from scanning

OR

Your antivirus is so bugged, that it ignores your exclusion, assuming that with "tried to open an exception to my Anti Virus" you mean you SUCCESSFULLY did that...

Check, re-check and triple-check your antivirus is correctly configured to exclude the files. Excluding the whole FSX folder might be easier to do.

If you are running TWO antivirus at the same time (which is not killer for performances and reliability), for example the 3rd party antivirus and the default Windows Defender, be sure you exclude the flight sim folder in BOTH antivirus.

rafael_fsx

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 03:09:58 pm »
I'm using the Bitdefender Total Security 2016. I will try to reinstall the sceneries after I uninstall the antivirus, then.
Let's see if this work.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:11:40 pm by virtuali »

rafael_fsx

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 03:41:33 pm »
UPDATE:

I did the test without any antivirus or firewall installed and activated. Didn't work. It keeps freezing.
I don't know what happens with the Couatl.exe.

I'm very upset right now!
How do I ask for refund? It's less than 24h that I bought it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 04:16:12 pm »
I did the test without any antivirus or firewall installed and activated. Didn't work. It keeps freezing. I don't know what happens with the Couatl.exe.

There's nothing wrong with the file and, as I've said, if the freeze can only be exited by pressing the Reset button, it's surely caused by the antivirus.

How do I ask for refund? It's less than 24h that I bought it.

You cannot ask for a refund, because our products are all available in Trial mode, so you are supposed to install them BEFORE purchase, so if there was any problem caused by other products of your system (antivirus, for example) it would haven been obvious even in Trial, since the Trial version is exactly the same installer running the same files.

But of course, not having a right to a refund, doesn't mean you don't have a right to be supported. We might try a Teamviewer session, so I could check your system directly and see what's wrong with it.

Contact me with PM or Email to arrange this.

rafael_fsx

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 05:13:33 pm »
Ok.

I just sent you a email with my team viewer ID and password details.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 05:30:16 pm »
I just sent you a email with my team viewer ID and password details.

And I've replied to it. Please stop posting here, since we are resolving this privately.

rafael_fsx

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 11:42:05 pm »
And I've replied to it. Please stop posting here, since we are resolving this privately.

Did you see my last results?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 11:35:33 am »
Did you see my last results?

As I've said, please stop posting here, since we are resolving this privately and you have been replied to several times, and we already had several Teamviewer session so, what's the point of continuing posting here, when I clearly asked not to ?

Don't use the forum as a reminder to check the email, because you are unnecessarily making me do double work replying (here and by email), which will only result in a slow down of the support for everybody, including you.

rafael_fsx

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 03:54:24 pm »
Dear Umberto and forum users,

I formatted my computer last week and reinstalled FSX with all my add ons (including KLAX and KJFK).
It's now running perfectly!! I think you were right about my antivirus (Bitdefender Total Security 2016) blocking the "Couatl.exe". I'm now using Windows Defender only.

Unfortunately, we will never know what happened.
Thank you so much for your help and patience.

You can close the topic now!