Author Topic: catering truck  (Read 3464 times)

abh_jc_03

catering truck
« on: July 24, 2016, 11:03:30 pm »
I requested my catering truck, it arrived and was positioned correctly, ramp came across, but nobody walked across with the food.  I just downloaded and install the new stand alone manager.  The truck just stayed there and then asked to close the doors at the end and went away.  The baggage aspect worked fine just not the cater truck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: catering truck
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:21:46 am »
It's likely you haven't updated the vehicles, which requires either downloading the GSX Full installer, or the vehicles update. The June 1st update release notes said you should have downloaded the Full GSX installer, but you must have missed it.

abh_jc_03

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 05:35:06 am »
I went ahead and did a fresh full GSX installer.  The catering truck worked correctly but now when I choose pushback and startup, nothing happens.  Just tells me to put brakes on immediately.  I did so and nothing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:16:13 am »
but now when I choose pushback and startup, nothing happens.  Just tells me to put brakes on immediately.  I did so and nothing.

Doesn't happen here, and nobody reported it. If you chose pushback with engine startup, you must then start the engines, of course. Maybe you turned off the Verbosity slider, so you don't see the message from GSX asking to start engines ?

abh_jc_03

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 02:25:41 pm »
I donthink get anything.  No set brakes, locking gear etc.  Usually it asks if I want to start up before or after pushback.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 04:46:14 pm »
I donthink get anything.  No set brakes, locking gear etc.  Usually it asks if I want to start up before or after pushback.

As I've said, maybe you turned off the Verbosity slider, so you don't see the message from GSX asking to start engine ? Or maybe you set a very high delay between messages, so they don't appear unless you wait a long time ?

And, you don't say which airplane you use. Some planes have additional constraints before allowing to start pushback, and GSX will obviously tell you about them but again, if you either turned down the Verbosity slider, or you increase the time between message to a very high value, you are missing what GSX is trying to tell you about why it cannot continue the pushback.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 05:35:17 am »
That happened to me. The 737's cargo door was open. Like Umberto said, I had increased the delay between messages. I missed the first message. It popped up and it disappeared while I was looking at the charts. I fiddled with it for a while and right as I was about to reset Couatl, the 2nd message popped up telling me to close the barn door.   :o
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 05:37:23 am by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.