Author Topic: how to install GSX?  (Read 14872 times)

cessnaflyer

how to install GSX?
« on: July 24, 2016, 05:01:47 pm »
when installing this do you have install the add-on manager first then GSX? cause I been having issues trying to get it to work right. and I am new to this forum as well. so hello all.

cessnaflyer

Re: how to install GSX?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 09:56:06 pm »
Hello is this thing on??? could use some help here? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 11:32:35 am »
Hello is this thing on??? could use some help here? ???

You are already complaining because you haven't been replied in less than 4 hours ON SUNDAY ?? Don't you think it's a bit unreasonable to expect a immediate reply on a *weekend* ?

In any case, installing GSX can't be easier. Just download and install the GSX installer, which includes everything it needs to run.

The Stand-Alone Addon Manager is offered as a separate download, for the only reason that it would be a smaller download if you want to update the Addon Manager only, when asked by the Live Update notification system included with GSX. Which is what the web page says:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

If you want to update the Addon Manager to the latest version, without having to download the whole product again, you can use the Addon Manager Standalone installer.

Is there something not clear about this description ?

cause I been having issues trying to get it to work right.

Then please explain clearly what your problem is, so we can help you.

cessnaflyer

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 08:04:14 pm »
well when I go to install in and the run it. I does not seem to want to start. or run. even in demo mode. and I just thought it needed more updates from my pc or something like that or that I was missing something.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 10:46:43 am »
Do you have the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu ? And, you don't say which sim you use.

cessnaflyer

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 03:09:22 pm »
yes I do. I am using flight simulator X acceleration pack. I just installed GSX but it does not start. when I press CTRL+F12 that should start it according to the manual nothing happens. I also have windows 7 64 bit home edition

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 04:36:56 pm »
yes I do. I am using flight simulator X acceleration pack. I just installed GSX but it does not start. when I press CTRL+F12 that should start it according to the manual nothing happens.

If you have the GSX menu, but it doesn't start when you press the GSX Hotkey, the most likely reason is a key conflict caused by another Addon, so you must change the hotkey used, either in GSX or in the other addon.

cessnaflyer

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 10:45:22 pm »
actually sir I got it working. some how what I have saved to a CD and a fresh download off the main site is different. cause my saved GSX.exe does not work as it should but the GSX.exe off the site works. cause now I have ground service :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 11:38:14 am »
It's not possible that an old installer would make any difference to your problem, since they all downloads the same files from the internet when they start.

Maybe it was just the reinstall which must have cleaned some files. The installer will also re-arrange the loading order of the modules, placing our modules first so, if another addon caused a key conflict, the re-arrangement made by the installer fixed this, but it would happen with any of the installers.

Uninstall the old version and install the current one.

cessnaflyer

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 05:31:29 pm »
that's what I did was uninstall the one I have save on cd. and installed the one from the website. and now every thing works just fine. I was just flying about 20 minutes ago and tried it again and it's still working ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 05:56:55 pm »
that's what I did was uninstall the one I have save on cd. and installed the one from the website. and now every thing works just fine.

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood you: I thought you made the opposite...so it's all fine now using the current version we have on the site.

In general, making a backup of our installers is not not needed because, the moment you'll need the backup, chances are the installer on the site has been updated.

cessnaflyer

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 04:44:15 pm »
it's ok. but yes every thing is working fine now. thank you for the help.