Author Topic: KORD v2 Missing Terminal Buildings **SOLVED**  (Read 8051 times)

michaelfairburn

KORD v2 Missing Terminal Buildings **SOLVED**
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:10:00 am »
Hi guys,

All of a sudden the terminal buildings are missing from KORD v2. I've got all the scenery settings turned up to full, the Scenery library has KORD at the top, but I only see jetways (I can't see how to attach the screenshot here, but I can email it to you).  I've tried to reinstall the product 4 times now, but I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

Mike
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:47:40 am by virtuali »

michaelfairburn

Re: KORD v2 Missing Terminal Buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 09:23:06 am »
Ah, managed to get it to work now. I downloaded the DX10 fix and re-downloaded the addons app and it's all good.

lennie

Re: KORD v2 Missing Terminal Buildings **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 08:27:18 pm »
I have a similar problem. Most jetways have no terminal buildings. I do have Steve's DX10 fixer. Any suggestions? I don't know if KORD is v2.

Thanks for any help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 11:51:46 pm »
I have a similar problem. Most jetways have no terminal buildings. I do have Steve's DX10 fixer. Any suggestions? I don't know if KORD is v2.

Are you missing ALL buildings, or just some ?

If you are missing ALL buildings, the problem might not have anything in common with this thread, and it just the software not running. To check this is the case, see if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu.

And, check if KORD is indicated as Installed in the Scenery Library in the Addon Manager.

lennie

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 05:16:12 pm »
Sorry to take so long to reply, have been on holidays. I just checked the above mentioned. KORD is #2 in the scenery list. I do have both the "addon manager" and "couati" showing. However I do not know how to use either or what they are for?

There are a few low buildings around the airport showing and i see some tall buildings in the distance while taxiing around the airport. But the main terminal buildings are not there, only the jetways hanging in the air.

I also have FSDT Kennedy and it seems fine.

If there are other adjustments i need to make, would really appreciate it!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 02:00:04 pm »
Do the buildings appear if you go closer to them ?

lennie

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 02:59:14 pm »
Don't know, will check it today and let you know. Thanks!!

lennie

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 04:10:30 pm »
I had never started at flight at ORD as i fly mostly GA; however have landed there several times and the buildings are missing. Just now started a flight at one of the B gates and all buildings seem to be there! Weird, so I take off, circle around and land then taxi to the jetways, no buildings! Just jetways hanging in the air. Taxied up way close to park, no buildings.

Have to say Sir, that I am stumped!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 05:09:26 pm »
I'll repeat the question: do the buildings appear if you go closer to them ?

lennie

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 06:24:38 pm »
No as i stated in the above; when i started the flight at a B gate, the buildings were there. When i flew out around the airport, returned, landed, and taxied toward the hanging jetways NO BUILDINGS appeared. I parked at one jetway just like an airliner would, and nothing there.

Sorry if I cause confusion.

lennie

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 07:28:35 pm »
I need to correct something I said earlier: I said JFK seems ok, but opening the scenery folder your JFK was not checked. So I checked it and took a look just now. Same problem as KORD, no buildings. I ordered DFW, ORD, IAH, JFK and LAX for $162 on 6/21/15, and have never really used them other than an occasional landing. DFW was checked just now and no buildings.

When I tried IAH there were 2 messages: Trial version ended? and then a notice to download a new version of addon manager, which I just did. Closed FSX first of course. So starting FSX at IAH I got just a quick flash and then "error decripting the IAH file" Could not ESC and had to pull the power cord from the computer.

I am thinking that I need to uninstall all 5 airports and start over. What do you recommend?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 09:08:59 pm »
; when i started the flight at a B gate, the buildings were there. When i flew out around the airport, returned, landed, and taxied toward the hanging jetways NO BUILDINGS appeared. I parked at one jetway just like an airliner would, and nothing there.

That seems to indicate you haven't activated the scenery, so the Trial ended.

When I tried IAH there were 2 messages: Trial version ended?

Which seems to confirm this is the issue.

So starting FSX at IAH I got just a quick flash and then "error decripting the IAH file"

This error has been discussed several times on the KIAH forum, and it's caused because you are using an old installation, and updated without noticing the sticky note about having to update KIAH:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13564.0.html

Could not ESC and had to pull the power cord from the computer.

There wasn't any need to shut down the computer. It was enough to press the OK button instead, until the message went away (it would be repeated for each of the outdated objects in the scenery).

As the linked thread says, installing the CURRENT version of KIAH will surely fix this. Also, use ONLY the CURRENT installers for ALL the other FSDT sceneries you are installing, just to be sure you are not using a too old version.

To fix the other issue, which is building disappearing after the Trial period ended, you must activate the sceneries.