Author Topic: Why is it so hard to find parking for heavies such as PMDG 777?  (Read 3304 times)

captain420

I'm having a difficult time finding a parking space for my PMDG 777 at most of FSDT's airport, KIAH, KDFW, etc. It seems most of the time the gates are occupied and I have to wait a long time. So what am I suppose to do when I land and there's no gates available for me to park at?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Why is it so hard to find parking for heavies such as PMDG 777?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:07:30 pm »
The parking sizes in the scenery are correct, taking into account several FSX limitations, for example moving jetways (parkings too large that overlap will activate the wrong jetway) and to sort AI planes correctly.

A real airport doesn't have *that* many parkings that can suit a 777 and, if you use too dense AI settings, it's possible there will be none left available.

As explained on the GSX manual, in the "Airport Customization" page, you can override the parking radius used by GSX, so it won't affect the rest of the simulation, but will allow the parking to be used by GSX.

captain420

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 05:30:32 pm »
ahhh that makes sense, I thought something was wrong. Thanks, and I really am enjoying the updated features in GSX! Especially the follow me car, it's so useful, I use that all the time. :) GSX is a must have add-on for P3D!

I love all your airports too!

CaptainGabe

• My repaint gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 04:39:46 am »
At terminal D, only Gates D4,5,7,9,11,12 are Heavy ready. Believe me, the struggle to find parking is as difficult in real life as it is the sim. It's accurate to real world, but it's a pain when you just want to end your sim flight!  ::)

Gabriel Guzman, Asst. Flight Dispatcher All Nippon Airways - KIAH.
Specs: Win 10 64bit | i7-7700k@4.2GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070-8GB