Author Topic: Future KLAX Update?  (Read 7180 times)

altbg

Future KLAX Update?
« on: July 20, 2016, 03:04:31 am »
Are there any plans for an official update to KLAX? If I'm not mistaken, the airport is a few years old and lots has changed at LAX. I have been making a lot of changes to my AFCAD to update aircraft parking positions and even adding some. But it would be great if buildings and taxiways could be updated at some point to reflect the current state of the airport. I would be more than happy to help out if needed - even if it's just providing information.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Future KLAX Update?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:34:32 pm »
Of course there are always plans to update everything.

However, KLAX (in some ways) is even more updated than the real airport is, because it already includes part of buildings that were still on planning stages when the airport was designed, and of course some parking positions weren't even known back then.

This is quite different from situations like KORD, which is in dire need for an update, since it has a whole new runway, or KLAS, which has a new terminal.

So yes, we'll update everything but, we first have to update KORD, then KLAS, and then we can start working on other sceneries. Many users asked for an update to JFK too. KLAX is far less in need for updates then all these ones, and it doesn't look outdated.

altbg

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 02:49:06 am »
Thanks for your reply! And this sounds very reasonable and makes perfect sense. But as someone who frequently flies through LAX in person and in FSX even the smallest differences seem quite large, hence all my personal updates to the AFCAD. ;)

kcarl96

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:22:34 pm »
Might I aslo add..LAX is undergoing alot of changes at the moment. I.e the foot of 24L and R being extended, Taxiway C near the *under construction* Qantas hangars, is being dug up and redone. The OLD TWA hangar has been demolished to make room for Phase 2 of TBIT also. Might be abit to soon to Update LAX IMO :)

altbg

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 04:14:44 am »
Might I aslo add..LAX is undergoing alot of changes at the moment. I.e the foot of 24L and R being extended, Taxiway C near the *under construction* Qantas hangars, is being dug up and redone. The OLD TWA hangar has been demolished to make room for Phase 2 of TBIT also. Might be abit to soon to Update LAX IMO :)

The same can be said about any major airport though. Just look at ORD, JFK, LHR, or FRA for example. As soon as one major project is done, the next one starts. New runways, new terminals, new cargo/maintenance areas, etc. Constructions never stops at those airports.

I'm just mostly interested in small updates, like updated parking positions at the terminals, cargo, and maintenance areas. I can edit the AFCAD myself, but then I'm still missing taxiway lines and such.

pilot3033

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 03:16:29 am »
I'm not sure it needs a major overhaul, yet, but it would be nice to activate the dual (and tri) jetways with SODE in the interim.

NZEddy

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 11:17:23 am »
+1

"I guess it might be KLAX, but I cannot promise it will be done as fast as KIAH."
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13564.15.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 02:11:25 pm »
"I guess it might be KLAX, but I cannot promise it will be done as fast as KIAH."

In that thread, I was only referring to the addition of SODE jetways and nothing else, which is surely doable without slowing down too much the update of other sceneries like KORD and KLAS that are in much dire need of an update, far more than KLAX.

Haven't said anything about updating the scenery itself.

skyymann

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 06:41:23 am »
HI Umberto,

If you add SODE Jetways to KLAX, does that mean both will work now? :-)

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 10:19:27 am »
If you add SODE Jetways to KLAX, does that mean both will work now? :-)

What do you mean with "both" ? SODE and default jetways ? No, that's not really feasible. All default jetways will be instead replaced by SODE jetways, just like KIAH.

More precisely, in KIAH we still have some default jetways (at Gate B), because their motion is not supported by the current SODE version, but the next version will add these new types, so we eventually use just SODE.

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 08:40:57 pm »
I have a small request, if you could please pay attention to cargo parking. Currently at LAX, and even other airports like ORD, the cargo areas are either sized wrong, or missing some parking spots. LAX in the ICC has missing 2 or 3 spots, and the cargo ramp directly north of runway 25R has no spots, or just 1 or 2. At ORD, the entire cargo ramp is sized wrong and you cannot fit 747's next to each other or Air France 777 Cargo facing south without blocking the ramp and no one can push back without running into each other. Small complaints but in the future it would be good to have these issues fixed for new updates or versions. Thanks.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 09:50:46 pm »
I have a small request

Pretty much every one of your requests over the last while has been about parking which you can do to you to your own liking with ADE. It's free, very simple to use and you can then modify to your heart's content.

p3dx3

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 09:29:08 am »
I have a small request

Pretty much every one of your requests over the last while has been about parking which you can do to you to your own liking with ADE. It's free, very simple to use and you can then modify to your heart's content.

I can't change the size of the ramp and buildings like at ORD. When I fly with AI and go to the south cargo ramp at KORD, I cannot taxi the large heavy aircraft at south parking spot 17+ have their tails sticking out because the ramp is sized wrong. Yes I can add some parking spots myself, but the afcad files are updated often and I have to keep adding the parking spots after each update.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:30:40 am by 413x3 »