Author Topic: AI aircraft not taking off and one other issue **Solved**  (Read 4206 times)

Aang72

AI aircraft not taking off and one other issue **Solved**
« on: July 18, 2016, 04:42:53 pm »
First problem:

This is the problem I am having with Los Angeles, and seems to be the only one of the Dream Team's airports that is doing this.

When a AI aircraft is told to taxi into position and hold, it never advances beyond that. It is not cleared for Takeoff and sits there until that "flight" has timed out due to length of time set by FSX terms. i currently do not have a recording of this, but can get one if required.

Also, on one Taxi way there are "rocks" that i noticed the last time I used LAX but NOT the time before.  a Similar thing happens with IAH.  I don't know if it a a scenery item that is based in FSX or if it is infact straight out due to these programs.  I am thinking it is something to do with FSX, but I would like to know if there is something I can do about it.  I have taken a Screenshot of the LAX problem.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:20:00 am by Aang72 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI aircraft not taking off and one other issue
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 04:57:32 pm »
Also, on one Taxi way there are "rocks" that i noticed the last time I used LAX but NOT the time

That's because you haven't followed the suggestion in the KLAX manual, the "Design Notes" section, to set the Mesh Resolution at 5 m/pixel, you probably set it too high, and this (when used with 3rd party mesh addons) will cause visual artifacts like these due to rounding problems in the FSX terrain engine.

Aang72

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 09:38:41 pm »
Yes, that solved it. 

But Still having the major issue of AI aircraft being put into position and hold and then never cleared for take off.

altbg

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 02:35:36 am »
This thread here has a bit more information on this issue:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12138.0.html

The quick workaround in FSX is to widen the runways. I just did that last night and it resolved my issue.

Aang72

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 04:19:46 am »
Thank you.  This solved the issue.