Author Topic: Fsdreamteam products activation problem  (Read 4028 times)

pierre789

Fsdreamteam products activation problem
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:54:54 pm »
I've just changed my pc and want to reinstall KJFK V2 and KLAX V2 on my new pc.

I "tried" to do everything right, following the fsdt install guide, and I've got the right messages ".. the product is now active" and "backup registration key saved .."
I've deactivated this softs on my old pc, in case, but the result is as each time i install a fsdt product : is doesn't work properly at first time.
Now there are no buildings in these airports, only a few jetways ..
I've spent a lot of time in reading posts about the activation numerous problems, without success.

Next : I have to reinstall GSX, but i'm a bit worried about that ..

Could you help me
Thanks
Pierre

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fsdreamteam products activation problem
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 12:55:53 pm »
Now there are no buildings in these airports, only a few jetways ..  I've spent a lot of time in reading posts about the activation numerous problems, without success.

Your mistake is to assume that, missing buildings have something to do with the activation, so you wasted time activating and re-activating, but the problem doesn't have anything to do with activation.

As explained many times on the forum, if you have any problem with the activation, the scenery will not "disappear", it will run in TRIAL MODE. Trial mode means you cannot run the scenery for more than 5-6 minutes in a single session, but everything will work in full, and if you restart the sim, you'll get another new 5-6 minutes session of Trial. This will never expires, you can have an unlimited number of Trial sessions, until you activate the scenery.

If you are not seeing any buildings, the problem doesn't have anything to do with activation, it's just the software is not starting. Do you have the "Addon Manager" and "Couatl" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

If no, follow this procedure to install:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF. Download the latest scenery installer on our site, not an old installer you might have downloaded in the past.

- Uninstall the Scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu