Author Topic: Terminal D No Jetways Work for 777?  (Read 6591 times)

DFWSupertrooper

Terminal D No Jetways Work for 777?
« on: July 16, 2016, 01:37:41 am »
At terminal D (KIAH) not one gate has a jetway that can handle the PMDG 777/2 or /3.

Here is a result of complete tests: D1-D4 gate too small for 777 (both models checked).  I know I can extend the gate to fit but will that fix the jetway position issue??

D5-D12 expanded all gates to fit that didn't already (for GSX operations) but still on every single D-gate I get the message 'No Jetway can operate at this position'.  It's not a SODE issue because E-5 works fine for 777-200 in the same session.  Connection shows active. 

Checked all 737 models and no issues on most gates on other terminals.  Also checked 737-800 at D-5 and worked perfectly.

Terminal D just doesn't like something about 777's (which for obvious reasons needs to be reviewed when you get a chance).  Maybe they're incorrectly positioned away from the building - they don't look like it, but...

Nice job on the other fixes...this thing works MUCH better and I'm very happy again!! :)  You rock Umberto!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Terminal D No Jetways Work for 777?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 04:44:00 pm »
D5-D12 expanded all gates to fit that didn't already (for GSX operations) but still on every single D-gate I get the message 'No Jetway can operate at this position'.  It's not a SODE issue because E-5 works fine for 777-200 in the same session.  Connection shows active.  

The message about the jetways is correct, because GSX won't let you use a jetway that it already *knows* (because it asked SODE to pre-solve it without animating it) it won't reach a door for any reason.

While the FSX default animation might have resulted in visual bugs, like jetways sinking in the ground, or exploded, with SODE it's either perfect, or it won't even move, which we believe is far more realistic.

There might be many reasons why a jetway cannot solve, and are a combination of:

- The plane used

- The actual parking position, which includes both the position and even the heading.

- The jetway model itself

So, it might be possible (or not) the jetway might work by parking slightly further/back.

We made a quick update for KIAH and SODE, because we never remodeled the jetway, but simply adapted the one we already had and placed it in the same position as it were, which was tested with a jetway made for the default animation system so, it's likely that some jetways in the airport won't work, and we might have to upgrade the jetway model itself. Of, possibly, change the stopping position required by GSX. Or a combination of both.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:41:55 am by virtuali »

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 02:26:52 am »
Good info...thanks!!  ;D

cowings1588

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 06:46:23 am »
Terminal D soon to be demolished & replaced with a newer Modern Intl terminal in its place.. I'm assuming after the completion of either the side B terminal which is being built right now to match the other side which is already completed..
COA
Bill

captain420

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 09:58:04 pm »
So has this issue been fixed yet? Can we park 777, 787 at any of the D gates yet and have GSX fully functional there?

Why do these gates show up as RAMP GA Small under the parking positions when they should be Heavy. In real life these gates are for the 777, 787, and other heavies.

Could you please fix this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 11:19:48 pm »
You are replying to a 2 years old post. We posted an update for KIAH featuring SODE jetways a long time ago.

captain420

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 05:25:28 am »
Should I start a new thread then? Because I am using the latest KIAH, I have just reinstalled it again with SODE 1.6.3. Jetways are still not operational. I have tried both options on GSX menu, boarding passengers and operate jetways and both give me the same message, saying that jetways aren't operational.

I am in the QW-787-9 parked at Gate D-7. This is a heavy gate in the real world. Am I missing something here?

captain420

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 05:42:52 am »
Here are screenshots to show what I'm talking about. and yes I have confirmed SODE 1.6.3 is installed and working properly, it shows up under my ADD-ONS menu, and I even did a TEST DLL CONNECTION and it was successful. Sode is also registered and installed/activated to my P3D v4 installation as well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:26:36 am by virtuali »

captain420

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 09:00:16 pm »
So any ideas how to get the jetway to work? I'm out of ideas.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 02:28:44 am »
Have a look at Pages 33-34 of the GSX manual, the chapter named "Understanding the parking position", which explains the relationship of all factors that can affect if a jetway will solve or not, which are:

- the parking position

- the jetway position

- the airplane configuration, and whether it has set the preferred exit on exit 1 or 2

- the Stop position in the GSX parking customization.