Author Topic: GSX Menu not appearing in Prepar3D V3.3  (Read 15356 times)

TheTechDude456

GSX Menu not appearing in Prepar3D V3.3
« on: July 11, 2016, 09:42:40 pm »
I've tried looking around at other posts but they don't seem to be helping. I updated P3D to V3.3 and then GSX as well as SODE were not appearing when opening the Control Menu or using CTL + F12. I've tried reinstalling several times and it still hasn't worked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu not appearing in Prepar3D V3.3
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 11:36:28 am »
I've tried looking around at other posts but they don't seem to be helping

This has been discussed so many times already on the forum. It's not a GSX problem or a SODE problem. It's a P3D 3.x installation bug that is very well known but still hasn't been fixed yet.

If you upgrade P3D using the "Client" installer, NO 3rd party application with a menu will work, because the Client installer is missing some files in the sim that needs to be updated. To fix this, you must install the P3D "Content" or the FULL P3D installer.

folhetas

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 06:20:51 pm »
same as me ? reinstall content and reinstall all (repair )  ... and still nada ?? I all ready regret my FSX
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:55:44 pm by folhetas »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 12:15:53 pm »
same as me ? reinstall content and reinstall all (repair )  ... and still nada ?? I all ready regret my FSX

Before saying "same", you must check if you have the Couatl and GSX menu items under the "Addons" menu. If you have them, but not GSX appear if you press the CTRL+Shift+F12 hotkey, then it's SURELY the "same" problem of not having installed the Content.

If, instead, you are missing also the Couatl menu and/or the GSX menu, then your problem is entirely different.

folhetas

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 12:18:50 am »
Hi
I have the Couatl and GSX menu items under the "Addons" menu. But not GSX appear wen I press the CTRL+Shift+F12 hotkey

I reinstall the content , even the complete like you advise me (repair)

maybe Windows 10 problem ?  P3D v3.3.5 professional  

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 12:03:16 pm »
I have the Couatl and GSX menu items under the "Addons" menu. But not GSX appear wen I press the CTRL+Shift+F12 hotkey

I reinstall the content , even the complete like you advise me (repair)

If you have the GSX menu, it means GSX is working properly. If you don't see the menu when pressing the hotkey, the only possible reasons for this problem are:

1) You have installed the Content. This is BY FAR the most common case, since the Client doesn't contains files to support the new P3D menu system so, it's a problem that will happen 100% of the time if you upgraded using only the Client.

OR

2) You have changed the default GSX hotkey

OR

3) Another addon is using a key in conflict with GSX

To check for points #2 and #3, try to call GSX by selecting it from the GSX menu (instead of using the Hotkey). It it works, then IT IS a key conflict or just the key that has changed.

If it doesn't, then it's problem #1

maybe Windows 10 problem ?  P3D v3.3.5 professional  

That's what we all use at FSDT too.

swaluver88

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 06:35:38 pm »
ok heres where you are wrong Virtuali. AS2016 addon screen pops up, and many other addons pop up. Fs2crew does pop up too. It seems like you cant get it to work either, so i agree on the bug, but i also agree it is an unstable version of GSX that you released. You can get an update out faster that Lockheed can. It will probably be the best benefit to do so.
swavirtual.com member. Pilot id: SWA5931

folhetas

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 10:50:10 pm »
Thank you Umberto for This .. I'm try to reinstall again alls the simulator , start from zero than will see
because my problem is #1 , maybe something is in conflict ..

I back to you very soon for more feedback !

Thanks again
Brgds

John Khan

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 02:13:30 am »
I have a similar problem.

When I call up GSX from the Add on or with the hoykeys, a menu comes up, but it tells me I still have the free trial version.

I paid for the full version two weeks ago and have the order and key numbers. I understand there is an automatic update to the paid version but it is not happening. I have the Couatl and GSX in the Add ons,

I have P3D V3.3 on Windows 10. P3D was installed from scratch from a fresh download, I have P3D Content. and everything is done with full "Run as administrator" privileges.

I am confused, - Is the P3D content supposed to be there or not?

Is there something I have to do to register the full version?

John Khan

folhetas

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 08:44:59 pm »
 :D :D :D :D :D
Is working now Umberto .. just uninstall P3D v3 abd format the disk and re-install ...
all addon one by one .. and is working 5 start !!

but this time I reinstall the P3D v3.5.1 direct from Lockheed M full installer (last one) and no more the update for upgrade to .5.1

good luck for the other on same situation

great day !! :P

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 12:27:33 pm »
I have a similar problem.

When I call up GSX from the Add on or with the hoykeys, a menu comes up, but it tells me I still have the free trial version.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with the problem discussed here, which is the GSX menu not appearing at all, with GSX clearly running, since it displays its other messages (like placing parking brakes, shutting down engines, etc.), and this problem is caused by a bug in the P3D Client-only installer, which doesn't updates the menu system, so no 3rd party apps with a menu will work.

Your problem, instead, is completely different, and it's just that GSX is running in Trial mode.

Please open a new thread about this, because it would be very confusing discussing a problem in a thread that doesn't have anything to do with it, give it a proper subject, and we can continue there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 12:29:52 pm »
Is working now Umberto .. just uninstall P3D v3 abd format the disk and re-install ...

Of course it's working...

but this time I reinstall the P3D v3.5.1 direct from Lockheed M full installer (last one) and no more the update for upgrade to .5.1

Yes, that's a known issue, which has been reported several times on LM developers forum too, and it will affect EVERY 3rd party application with a menu (like SODE, FSPassengers, etc. ). P3D 3.3 and above has a new menu system based on Autodesk Scaleform, but the Client installer won't update it, only the Content or the Full installers will.