Author Topic: Texture Bleed Through  (Read 26658 times)

M-Sauce

Texture Bleed Through
« on: December 21, 2008, 08:29:16 pm »
Anybody else getting this? I used to have the Dream Factory Studio version, but I fully unistalled it before installing FSDT version. Somthing is definitely peeking through though. I am using a third party mesh from FS Genesis. That is the only add-on that might show for the Geneva Area. Any suggestions? Anybody else get this?

Mariano  ???

[attachment deleted by admin]

M-Sauce

Re: Texture Bleed Through
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 01:26:32 pm »
OK, some of the things I tried which where unsuccesful;

- Terrain max vertex level; Changed from 19 to 21 and back
- Disabled all the FS Genesis meshes by removing them from the World folder
- Moving LSGG to the top of the priority list

Still can't fix this problem.

Mariano  ???

Sylle

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 04:06:20 pm »
Hello Mariano!

I lso observe some texture bleedthrough on my setup
- No third party mesh installed here.
- No duplicate AFCADs.

I succesfully uninstalled the Dreamfactory Studio LSGG scenery a long time ago but I can't exclude the fact that there may be some leftovers somewhere in my FS9 install.  :-\

Could it be that it is part of the scenery to simulate older and worn-out markings??
Let's wait for the feedback of other users...

Cheers,
Sylvain
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:07:51 pm by Sylle »

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX570 - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 7 SP1 - FSX
AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP3 - FS2004

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 04:12:50 pm »
Hello,

we found the problem, and it appears to be FS9 only. You can download a fix now, by going in the "Hotfixes" section, and download the AFCAD again.

NOTE: the problem can't really be 100% eliminated, due to the way the ground scenery is made however, it should be a lot less noticeable now, and it affects only the displaced threshold markings.

Sylle

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 04:14:57 pm »
Could it be that it is part of the scenery to simulate older and worn-out markings??

Just read the other topic about ground textures and it is definately not worn-out markings...   :D

Looking further into this matter,
S.

EDIT: Thanks Virtuali! Looking forward to test the new AFCAD!

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX570 - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 7 SP1 - FSX
AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP3 - FS2004

Sylle

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 04:33:34 pm »
Unfortunately the new AFCAD makes the problem worse here  :(

At least we confirmed it has something to do with the AFCAD now...

Regards,
S.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 04:48:50 pm »
Unfortunately the new AFCAD makes the problem worse here. At least we confirmed it has something to do with the AFCAD now...

No, we confirmed only that is has to do with *an* AFCAD, not necessarily the one that comes with Geneva. This is how it looks like here:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:50:55 pm by virtuali »

Sylle

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 04:55:28 pm »
Unfortunately the new AFCAD makes the problem worse here. At least we confirmed it has something to do with the AFCAD now...

No, we confirmed only that is has to do with *an* AFCAD, not necessarily the one that comes with Geneva. This is how it looks like here:

Hello Virtuali,

My runways looked like the screenshots Mariano posted in the beginning of this topic.
I only replaced my AFCAD with the new AFCAD you provided in the hotfix section so this file definately has some influence on the markings issue.

It looks good on your side now... Could you tell us what you changed in the AFCAD compared to the first one so that I can try to tinker with the same parameters to make it match on my side?

Regards,
Sylvain

Sylle

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 05:03:22 pm »
Virtuali,

I notice your runway texture looks a bit different than mine...
Is this due to different graphic cards or settings??

Does your LSGG runway uses some parts of the default FS runway textures??
I have some replacement textures for the default FS runway textures... maybe they also influence the postion of the displaced threshold markings...

Cheers,
Sylvain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 05:07:02 pm »
I only replaced my AFCAD with the new AFCAD you provided in the hotfix section so this file definately has some influence on the markings issue.

Not so simple, as usual...

yes, the AFCAD has some influence on the markings, but the one that should be identified in YOUR case, is the other one that is interfering, ours is now more properly matched to the scenery itself.

What you are seeing, looks also like a difference in altitude, because the double markers might also due to a perspective effect of seeing two AFCAD at a slightly different altitude.

Our AFCAD is of course set at the correct real world altitude, which is 403.0728 meters (1411 ft) BUT, there's a bug in FS9 AFCAD that, if one creates or edits an airport with it, the fractional part is lost.

In order to not hit into this bug, we compile the AFCAD with the BGLC compiler, but other AFCAD you might have might have been compiled with the AFCAD utility itself, and have this bug, with a small altitude difference, that is enough to create that effect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 05:08:51 pm »
Does your LSGG runway uses some parts of the default FS runway textures??

Yes.

I have some replacement textures for the default FS runway textures... maybe they also influence the postion of the displaced threshold markings...

No, because runway textures are just the base textures. Markings are not textures and are added by FS9 itself always in the same way, regardless if the underlying texture has been replaced.

MikeS

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 05:10:17 pm »
Hello,

we found the problem, and it appears to be FS9 only. You can download a fix now, by going in the "Hotfixes" section, and download the AFCAD again.

NOTE: the problem can't really be 100% eliminated, due to the way the ground scenery is made however, it should be a lot less noticeable now, and it affects only the displaced threshold markings.

It did not only affect to the displaced thresholdmarkings. It did it to the Holding point-Markings too! But I've found a way to eliminate the holding-point markings of the AFCAD-file by reducing the wide of the taxiway-sectors before and after the holding-points to only one feet. Now the markings ar not drawn anymore (to small) and there are only  the markings of the scenery visible. The 1 feet width fortunately has no negative influence to AI- or other operations. (It's already included in the actual AFCAD)
Nothing has changed at the AFCAD-runways since the first AFCAD!

Best regards
Mike
Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 05:12:59 pm »
But I've found a way to eliminate the holding-point markings of the AFCAD-file by reducing the wide of the taxiway-sectors before and after the holding-points to only one feet.

Yes, in FSX there's an official AFCAD command to do just that, and that's probably why we haven't noticed it before in FS9.

MikeS

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 05:16:12 pm »
But I've found a way to eliminate the holding-point markings of the AFCAD-file by reducing the wide of the taxiway-sectors before and after the holding-points to only one feet.

Yes, in FSX there's an official AFCAD command to do just that, and that's probably why we haven't noticed it before in FS9.

Hehe, yes I know, there are some advantages with FSX indeed...sometimes...  :P

Mike
Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

Sylle

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 07:40:02 pm »
Hello again Virtuali,

I think I found the origin of the problem...
The file lsgg.bgl (containing the approach lights) also contains a set of displaced threshold markings.
With the new AFCAD file the displaced threshold markings are no longer co-located.

Let me explain here below how I came to this conclusion. I apologize in advance for the long post  ;)
a/ I started to look extensively to find another AFCAD file for LSGG. I couldn't find any except the stock one contained in the AP949150.bgl file. Even with this general bgl-file disabled I still had double markings in your scenery.

b/ I decided to remove all the files form the FS Dreamteam LSGG folder to another location and insert them again in small groups to check the effect in FS.

c/ With only the FSDT afcad, the excludes & several other files activated you can see that the AFCAD file itself does not contain touchdown zone markings or runway centerline markings. The afcad file only draws the displaced threshold arrows and the white threshold line.
See picture 1

d/ Adding some more bgl files, you see the runway markings appear together with another threshold line which is colocated with the threshold line of the afcad file. The holding points markings are not colocated but this can be fixed as described by MikeS.
Picture 2A and 2B

e/ All FSDT LSGG files are now back in place EXCEPT the lsgg.bgl file.
Markings of the displaced threshold are still ok but I miss of course some approach lights at night now.
The holding point markings are still displaced for the same reason as described in point d.
Picture 3 and 4

f/ If I add lsgg.bgl I get the displaced markings. (all files are now back in place)
picture 5

g/ If I remove the FSDT afcad file, the default FS9 stock afcad (AP949150.bgl) kicks in. You can see another set of runway centerline markings, a second runway designator and completely different threshold markings. No other afcad for LSGG is present is this shot and the problem still exists!
picture 6

h/ When using the old FSDT AFCAD file, stock afcad file is suppressed and you can see that the threshold arrows are now co-located but the white threhold line itself is not in the correct spot.
picture 7

My conclusion is that the new FSDT AFCAD file indeed better matches the scenery but we need a new lsgg.bgl without the second set of displaced threshold markings...
Is this possible Virtuali??  ???

I hope this helps you to solve this issue.

Regards,
Sylvain