Author Topic: FS FlightControl integration  (Read 11305 times)

Driver170

Re: FS FlightControl integration
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 09:44:34 pm »
Installed FS FlightControl yesterday (great software!).

Im also missing the GSX integration! As I have heart, there is no API available for FSFlightcontrol to use...?
Hopefully the GSX Team will provide it in the future. Opening the unfashionable menu to trigger pushbacks is a pain anyway... especially if you are sitting in a Home Cockpit with 180° view.

Michael

+1

tcane

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 02:40:11 pm »
I read somewhere else in the forum that there is a SDK for GSX already:

In that post, I rather said the opposite: that we don't have any SDK, but there are some things that can be used by 3rd party apps to know what GSX is doing (basically, some variables with states). However, it's nothing that would allow GSX to be driven by other apps so, right now, there's nothing you can use and it must be started from scratch.

We discussed some ways to do it, it's certainly possible, but not for the current version and we have so many other things to add that will benefit the core program first, before we could venture into interfacing with other apps.

Hallo!
Mhm, a new Version is know out some days ago and some other 3rd party apps like ProSim can support GSX just directly. I think they have any SDK or API.
Is there no possibility for the other 3rd party apps to make available? I think this would be a really great chance to push also your sale figures.
Cheers Florian

alihor

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 10:42:55 am »
Hi Umberto,
 let me continue today the discussion around  FS FlightControl  integration.

I am flying the FSLABS A320-x with the newest update April 2019.
There I found in the MCDU ATSU features the GSX integration!
How did the FSLabs team implement the integration?

I am a convinced user of FS FlightControl since 3 years and at least a Push Back integration would be fine.

BTW.. I love the Passengers walking into the aircraft  :D

Regards,
   Alhard
Regards
... Alhard
Simmer since 1980 with first non MS Versions.
3 PCs I-9 OC, WIN7-64 PRO, WIN10 PRO, 2 GraCards NVidia ,  5 Monitors/Touch
FS9, FSX-SP2, P3D-V4.5, X-Plane11, FSL A320

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 10:48:18 am »
There I found in the MCDU ATSU features the GSX integration!  How did the FSLabs team implement the integration?

- Reading the last pages of the manual (the developer section), which explains several ways to integrate with GSX

- Contacting us to ask clarifications and make suggestions to add the things they needed.

ab-tools

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 10:30:21 am »
There I found in the MCDU ATSU features the GSX integration!  How did the FSLabs team implement the integration?

- Reading the last pages of the manual (the developer section), which explains several ways to integrate with GSX

- Contacting us to ask clarifications and make suggestions to add the things they needed.

Hello Umberto,

at FS-FlightControl we are still very interested to integrate with GSX and we both also talked about this already in this thread starting from my post here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7585.msg121046.html#msg121046

And yes, we would be VERY interested to directly integrate with GSX where basically two things would be important:
1. Ability to control the GSX ground services remotely via network based API (TCP, UDP or even via SimConnect client events).
2. GSX menu not shown in Prepar3D/FSX when GSX is controlled remotely.

There was a longer thread about our product and potential GSX integration already here in your forum in this thread:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=14025.0

It would be really great if you could open some sort of API to remote control your GSX product!

As we do not have any module installed in Prepar3D (and thus we can't use LVARs), I proposed a remote control through SimConnect client events (which you confirmed that is used to communicate with SODE already).

But you mentioned:
The issue is not how to communicate data between two programs: that's the easiest way and it's just a minor detail. The REAL issue is making GSX aware of it MIGHT be remotely controlled, without affecting its normal usage and THIS is what is really tricky.

Did you have any chance to look into this already if such a remote control would be possible?

Again, we would be very happy to integrate and are standby for any remote control news. :)

Best regards and thanks for considering
Andreas

surfcandy

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 07:18:36 pm »
Don't waste your money on FS-FlightControl. There is a yearly subscription fee and other programs which include lifetime updates now do what FS-Flight Control used to do exclusively. Spend your money elsewhere.