Author Topic: FS FlightControl integration  (Read 11154 times)

Driver170

FS FlightControl integration
« on: July 11, 2016, 03:55:38 pm »
I'm hoping the producer could maybe think about integrating FSC and GSX together? I'm using both for Prosim and would love GSX to be displayed on FSC window instead of the GSX box popping up on the screen and looking unrealistic.

Here is the link to the website

https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/

Great piece of software guys

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:44:45 pm by Driver170 »

Driver170

Re: FS FlightControl integration
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:12:32 pm »
No response!!!

So is that a big fat NO

ab-tools

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:54:58 pm »
Hello,

I’m the main developer behind FS-FlightControl, an instructor station for Prepar3D und FSX, and Driver170 let me know about his post here.

We would be very happy to integrate with GSX to support GSX directly from within FS-FlightControl for users that have a GSX license as well. Especially for pushback control and other ground services that would be very interesting.

It would be great if there is a way of a cooperation here!

Thanks for your interest in FS-FlightControl by the way, Driver170!

Best regards
Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 01:37:48 pm »
No response!!!

So is that a big fat NO

A " big fat NO" because we haven't replied in less than 24 hours ?? I'm sorry, but I have no idea what both Prosim and this FSC program were, never heard of these before your post.

How do you expect we could even BEGIN to start *thinking* about an integration with something we never heard before ?

In any case, we cannot promise anything for the current GSX, it's surely something for a future version, these things takes time, especially when there are multiple developers involved, SODE integration (for example) too quite a bit of work, from both parties.

Driver170

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:28:12 pm »
Well it would be good to have a look at what prosim is, consider a big percentage of prosim users have GSX. Only saying.

Well i hope GSX and FSC gets integrated both are wonderful and many users will benefit having GSX options on an Ipad or smart device instead of it popping up on there screen which looks unrealistic

ab-tools

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 09:27:52 pm »
Hello Umberto,

from the FS-FlightControl team I can say that we would be very interested in an integration with GSX.

I read somewhere else in the forum that there is a SDK for GSX already:
Maybe providing us with this SDK would be a start already without much effort needed on your side?

You are also very welcome to send me an e-mail or PM directly to discuss options.

Best regards and looking forward to any possible cooperation
Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 11:50:34 am »
I read somewhere else in the forum that there is a SDK for GSX already:

In that post, I rather said the opposite: that we don't have any SDK, but there are some things that can be used by 3rd party apps to know what GSX is doing (basically, some variables with states). However, it's nothing that would allow GSX to be driven by other apps so, right now, there's nothing you can use and it must be started from scratch.

We discussed some ways to do it, it's certainly possible, but not for the current version and we have so many other things to add that will benefit the core program first, before we could venture into interfacing with other apps.

Air59

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 03:16:39 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I am an happy user of GSX, PROSIM and FS Flight Control.

Just to let you know that a future version of GSX wich could be driven by an other soft and especially on another computer on the network would be VERY VERY appreciated.
I didn't find the post where someone was telling you that for home cockpit builders, this option would be very usefull but i can't do anything else than agree !

Be sure we are a lot of user interested by this. For my concern, i would be ok to buy this new GSX version (GSX remotly commanded on another computer in the network + API letting other soft interacting with GSX).

Best regards,

Thierry
Sorry for my poor english...

A320-Daniel

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 05:07:59 pm »
Hi GSX-Team,

I can also only agree. A connection between FS Flight Control and GSX would be VERY useful for every user running a full cockpit simulator.
I am a user of AirSimTech software together with FS Flight Control and I really would love to use GSX together but for that the interface between GSX and FS Flight Control is missing because at the moment I can't use GSX because of the menu and messages from GSX popping up in the main FS window. In case you could relay that to FS Flight Control instead to the internal menu of FSX/Prepar3D that would be so great! I would also agree to pay for such an API function.

Thank you very much for considering such an option!

Daniel

A320-Daniel

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 01:36:50 am »
Hi Umberto,

I just have re-read your post above. Isn't it possible that you provide an option to disable the output via the standard simconnect menu and Redirect this text via a simple TCP/IP protocol to another (small and simple) tool which can be started on another Computer to Keep the GSX text stuff away from P3D Display? This tool can send the Keyboard Input back via the same Interface to GSX.

This simple solution would help all users which are running a complete cockpit with projectors displaying the outside world out of P3D.

Thank you for an answer.

Daniel

ab-tools

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 10:24:33 am »
... I just want to add that we from FS-FlightControl would be very happy to do all the client-side development for you and integrate any API you provide (like a proprietary TCP/IP protocol as Daniel suggested).

We could directly integrate the GSX functionality into our Pushback module making it very easy for users to remote control the GSX functionality from any client computer.

This way the "only" thing you would need to implement is the remote control interface keeping your efforts as little as possible.

Best regards
Andreas
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:13:45 pm by ab-tools »

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 11:26:20 am »
I too am a user of FS-FlightControl and I would also like to see its integration with GSX, whereby FS-FC will be able to control the GSX Push-back, etc. from the IOS console.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:31:57 am by portanav »
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

pmartin

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 06:29:44 pm »
Hello guys!
There are many guys at Germany there are many guys how wants use gsx with FS FlightControl!
Please mag it possible!!!
regards
peter

mroschk

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 04:27:51 pm »
Hello,

i also know now about FS-Flightcontrol, a very usefull program !!
But as i read here are some Problems integrating GsX ito that.
Where is the Problem here?

Would be great if the developers of FS-Flightcontrol get the possibility to make it.

Thanks

michael1508

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 12:22:55 pm »
Installed FS FlightControl yesterday (great software!).

Im also missing the GSX integration! As I have heart, there is no API available for FSFlightcontrol to use...?
Hopefully the GSX Team will provide it in the future. Opening the unfashionable menu to trigger pushbacks is a pain anyway... especially if you are sitting in a Home Cockpit with 180° view.

Michael