Author Topic: AI aircraft unable to takeoff from rwy 8R  (Read 6883 times)

don4444

AI aircraft unable to takeoff from rwy 8R
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:01:43 pm »
Hi,
I Just recently purchased cyvr and Im noticing that my ai aircraft will not takeoff from rwy 8R.  Rwy 8L the ai planes have no trouble with. The planes taxi to rwy 8R and stop and just sit there until they eventually just disappear. I uninstalled and reinstalled cyvr and downloaded the latest download mgr and clicked yes for afcads and I get the same result. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Thanks
Don

don4444

Re: AI aircraft unable to takeoff from rwy 8R
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 02:22:42 am »
Here's a Picture that shows where the AI planes stop for rwy 8R and then just sit there. Ive seen this before with some afcads and its usually because the stop position is too far away from the actual runway and therefore atc doesn't give the ai plane clearance for takeoff. I however did get clearance but I may have been a little closer to the runway then where the ai planes stopped. Sure hope you can fix this.
Thanks Don

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 04:55:45 am »
  This has been discussed before, and also happens at other airports. The afcad that comes with FSDT CYVR has the runways set to 0.3 feet width which does not overlap the hold short nodes and therefore the AI will never depart. If you simply set the runways to a 200 foot width it will fix it... Even better would be to move the hold short nodes back to where they are depicted in the scenery and widen the runway even further.

don4444

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 02:11:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply Dave. Thats exactly what I figured. I used to play around with afcads years ago but not since FSX came out so Im not sure on how to fix this myself. This should be a quick fix for the FSDT dream team and I expect as a consumer that they will do so asap.
Thanks again
Don

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 08:25:10 pm »
 I wouldn't be so sure as it's been an ongoing issue for some since release a few years ago. At one point I'm pretty sure it was addressed but then has since gone back to the original 0.3 foot runway width. Easy enough to fix FSX airport files with ADE which is free. http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:28:34 pm by Dave_YVR »

don4444

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 10:07:04 pm »
Thanks Dave.
I downloaded ADE and moved the stop node for rwy 8R closer to the runway and the ai planes are now taking off from 8R. Thanks  very much for the info. I'm somewhat surprised that fsdt didnt fix this themselves since it was so easy to do. I know some dont like any ai at all but it seems to be a waste of a good airport to not have ai. I did search this forum for cyvr  for a similar problem but didnt find any so my last resort was to post here. Thanks again
Don

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 01:23:03 am »
 You bet, glad I could help.. As I say, it was addressed but there was a flaw I think somewhere (my setup works great).. Moving the hold short node closer works for sure, but it's not very realistic. It should actually be moved further away if anything. So many good things that should have been addressed with that airport file.  Rwy26C, AKA 26A has been decommissioned for almost 10 years irl and should be removed altogether. 26L/08R should be closed to arrivals with 26R/08L closed to departures.

don4444

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 05:17:53 am »
Thanks Dave for the info. I dont know if its allowed here but if you have an amended afcad for the airport I wouldnt mind trying it out. If you can upload the bgl here that would be much appreciated.

Don

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 04:02:50 pm »
Before you start playing with ADE, are you sure you have the most current afcads available?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

don4444

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 07:09:41 pm »
Bruce. The afcad is dated 07/07/2016. I assume thats is the latest.

Don

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 08:40:14 pm »
Before you start playing with ADE, are you sure you have the most current afcads available?

The most current afcad still has 26A operational, plus the old gate numbering from 4 years ago.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 06:38:21 pm »
How about your AI package, many of them come with afcads as well.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

don4444

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 08:56:53 pm »
Hi Bruce.

No I removed the files that is not the issue.

Don