Author Topic: LSGG Elevation  (Read 10019 times)

Paddy1901

LSGG Elevation
« on: July 05, 2016, 05:51:49 pm »
Hello!

I have got these elevation issue at LSGG.Ive tried the elevation correction from orbx but it doesnt work.It only at rwy 23.Im using the FSX SE with FS Global 2010 and ftx global,vector and open lc.Should i buy fs global for steam?Because i have the normal version.

Best regards.

Sry my first post was in the fs9 section

Paddy1901

Re: LSGG Elevation
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:46:19 pm »
here is another scenery.No issues.But i want to use the scenery from fsdreamteam..Pls help.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 08:43:45 pm »
 Have you run the Vector AEC tool?  Best thing I did with Vector was to disable it altogether, between the VAS and elevation issues it was nasty.

Paddy1901

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 09:03:08 pm »
Yes but LSGG is not in the configurator tool.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 09:07:33 pm »
 Exactly... That's pretty common as well. Try disabling Vector from within your scenery library just to see if that fixes it.

Paddy1901

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 09:19:42 pm »
Yes.I tried it.Its stillt the same

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 08:48:09 am »
I can only repeat and confirm that, what you are seeing, is the very well known "plateau effect", caused by 3rd party MESH scenery that hasn't been properly smoothed out in proximity of airports (like the default scenery from Microsoft) so, when an airport in real life has different elevation for the two runway ends, your 3rd party non-smoothed mesh will cause such problem, because FSX doesn't really support sloped runways, so all airports are always made with a constant elevation over the entire surface.

There's even a product, from FS Global, mad to fix the problem caused by FS Global itself...

http://www.fly2pilots.com/cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=d3fca479-6c4c-465b-bd75-97445878ae48

Paddy1901

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 09:01:51 am »
I will not spend money on these product from pilots.Then i have to use the other scenery.Only these aiport get these elevation issue.When this occurs at every scenery from fsdreamteam i cant buy it =(.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 09:35:48 am »
I will not spend money on these product from pilots

You already have:

Im using the FSX SE with FS Global 2010

Then i have to use the other scenery.Only these aiport get these elevation issue.When this occurs at every scenery from fsdreamteam i cant buy it

As I've said, the problem is NOT caused by the FSDT scenery or it's an FSDT problem. It's caused by your 3rd party mesh. The only reason I can think of that it doesn't happen with the "other scenery", is that it has been set to a different or average altitude, so it matches the mesh better.

We obviously set the airport elevation to the correct, published altitude. The correct, published altitude of LSGG is 1411 ft, and that's exactly what we set the airport to so, it's clearly correct.

As I've said already, since FSX doesn't support sloped runways, we set the whole airport at 1411 feet, but in real life, runway 23 is at 1365 ft instead. That's why you only see a problem on that runway.

The Microsoft default scenery has been pre-processed to smooth out elevation differences around airports, but 3rd party meshes usually aren't, so you will see the difference in elevation since the airport is NOT sloped in the scenery.

WHICH IS WHY, Pilots made a product to FIX this problem!!

Paddy1901

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 09:44:40 am »
Why i have spend money on pilots tool?I have got the demo.But i cannot save the corrections

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 09:50:59 am »
Why i have spend money on pilots tool?

To fix the problem caused by the other product you bought. And no, you don't have to spend money:

AFM is a free DVD for all registered users of FS Global 2010

It's sold as a separate product only for users of other mesh products (they all have the same problem...) but, since you said yourself you use FS Global 2010 so, it should be enough to register it to get it for free.

Paddy1901

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 09:54:10 am »
ok thanks.I will take a look

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »
  PILOT'S has a 10 Euro fee to have a DVD mailed as a Global 2010 owner.. What decade is this that it's not available for download?   I've just learned to live with the plateaus. They are fairly common and it would take ages to fix even just the ones I see most often.

hk66

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 11:51:21 pm »
I use FS Global Ultimate and I solved the elevation problem by simply deactivating the file N46E006.bgl in the folder FSGUX/EUR/... (rename in N46E006.OFF).
FS Global 2010 should work in a similar way. I don't know how this folder is named there.
With this single BGL deactivated, the elevation of LSGG matches perfectly with the surrounding mesh.
Regards,
Hans
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:59:34 pm by hk66 »