Author Topic: Cargo doors  (Read 2473 times)

carlos095

Cargo doors
« on: June 29, 2016, 10:43:05 pm »
Hello, today I installed the last version of GSX and since that I cannot open any door except for the main door of every aircraft, everything was working fine until I upgraded to the last version. I'm using Prepar3d V3.2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cargo doors
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 12:48:14 pm »
GSX never opened any door, or had any effect of the opening of the doors. Since the first GSSX release, you are always supposed to open the doors manually, and this hasn't changed.

Nothing in the GSX installation can have any effect on your ability to open the doors on a particular airplane, which will continue to work just the same, regardless if GSX is installed or not.

If, instead, with "I cannot open any door", you really mean: "I can open doors, but GSX doesn't detect if they are open", that's an entirely different issue, but it doesn't seem like that from what you wrote.

carlos095

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 02:04:47 pm »
Yes I know that GSX does not open any door, but as I said the problem was with the last update before it was working fine. If I uninstall GSX I can open every door without any problem, so it is obvious that something with the last update is doing with the aircraft doors.  

Edit:

After uninstall and reinstall GSX many times for some reason it is now working.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:01:31 pm by carlos095 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 05:11:34 pm »
so it is obvious that something with the last update is doing with the aircraft doors.

The last update hasn't done anything to the aircraft doors.

HOWEVER, there's a BUG in the DEFAULT 737 and 747, that have their exits sections wrong. If you install FSX fresh, the *service* (Catering) doors won't open, even if they are animated in the model, but they don't open because of a bug in the default aircraft.cfg, as shipped by Microsoft.

The GSX installer fixes this so, running the installer will re-enable the catering doors.

That's the only thing GSX does on the doors, and only on the catering doors, and only for those two default airplanes ( 737 and 747 )

carlos095

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 08:06:58 pm »
Well I don't really know what the problem was but uninstalling and reinstalling the software solved the problem. The problem was with every aircraft not just with default aircraft like 737 and 747.