Author Topic: P3D v3.2 Cannot install GSX - dll.xml end tag error  (Read 5102 times)

Zabuel

P3D v3.2 Cannot install GSX - dll.xml end tag error
« on: June 28, 2016, 11:41:34 pm »
Hi,

I Just bought Gsx on "flightsim store" but when installing on P3D, I can see this "so sad" message ! :'(

Adding couatl section to the DLL.XML
Runtime Error (148,2448)

Error on line 7, position 3 : End tag not expected at this place

(average traduction from french message sorry)

I checked the dll.xml file encoding and header encoding, tried many possibilities
(utf-8 in header + utf-8 file, windows-1252 in header + ANSI file)
I tried to remove all "Launch.addon" sections before installation

but nothing seems to work. Always the same error message.

Any idea please ?

No issue installing fsPassenger then.

Christophe.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D v3.2 Cannot install GSX - dll.xml end tag error
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 01:39:52 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX which, instead, is telling you an useful information, that your DLL.XML or EXE.XML file in your %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D folder is corrupted, most likely because you have hand edited them, or another add-on has corrupted them, so it’s missing a correct XML closing tag.

If you could send me the files, I can fix them for you. Do not post the files directly, but ZIP them together first, and "Attach" them to a message.

Rubio

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 04:08:17 pm »
I have the same problem.... I use Prepar3D V3.3.  I cheked the MS Visual C+ 2005... I have all correct because I read of another forum of FSDT what this can be the problem..., the content version, I update to 3.2.2, before it was 3.0.10..... when i install GSX, everything is perfect, but when the install finish.... appear SODE menu, I close it menu and... appear:  RUNTIME ERROR at 150 2448.... lines... 7 sector 3.... I dont know that means... Yesterday, I bought GSX and I do not know how to install or fix it....

Can you help me¿?
thks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:22:28 am »
Please see my previous reply. I'll repeat it again: the problem doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GSX. One of your XML files was ALREADY corrupted so, the installer won't even dare to touch it in that state, so it's correctly signaling you a problem, which can only be fixed by manually.

And, as I've said in my previous reply too, if you don't know how to fix the files, I can fix them for you. Do not post the files directly, but ZIP them together first, and "Attach" them to a message.

Rubio

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 12:57:15 pm »
Please see my previous reply. I'll repeat it again: the problem doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GSX. One of your XML files was ALREADY corrupted so, the installer won't even dare to touch it in that state, so it's correctly signaling you a problem, which can only be fixed by manually.

And, as I've said in my previous reply too, if you don't know how to fix the files, I can fix them for you. Do not post the files directly, but ZIP them together first, and "Attach" them to a message.

Thks so much Umberto. I send two zip files with EXE and DLL files. Not which one you need. APPDATA or ProgramData Folder ... Againg thks for your support.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 02:19:50 pm »
The corrupted file was the EXE.XML in the %APPDATA% folder, it was missing the whole header. Here's the fixed version.

Rubio

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 03:59:26 pm »
The corrupted file was the EXE.XML in the %APPDATA% folder, it was missing the whole header. Here's the fixed version.

Ohhh my good!!!   Thks so much Umberto. I try now. I will reinstall GSX and Addon Manager. I say you later. Againg... thks sir

Rubio

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 04:32:50 pm »

Umberto, work so so so so fineeeee!!! :o :o :o :o   thks so much for the support