Author Topic: Lost KMEM VORTAC & COATUL Crashing  (Read 2871 times)

Buddy1958

Lost KMEM VORTAC & COATUL Crashing
« on: June 26, 2016, 05:38:07 am »
I've been having these problems since installing KMEM.  I installed the scenery and ran the add-on manager after, but still get the COUATL crashing while parked on the ramp, or flying inbound, as I was this evening to KMEM.  I also lost my KMEM VORTAC, following install.  I am using ORBX's North American scenery files, if that may be an issue.  However, all my other sceneries seem to work fine with ORBX scenery.

Be happy to see if you have a suggestion to solve the COUATL crashes and lack of MEM VORTAC.

Thank you,

E. Faber
FDC1603

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lost KMEM VORTAC & COATUL Crashing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 11:04:13 am »
but still get the COUATL crashing while parked on the ramp, or flying inbound

Please be sure you install in the following way:

- Turn OFF the antivirus while installing

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole sim folder from scanning.

I also lost my KMEM VORTAC, following install.

I see the KMEM VOR working fine, and a couple of days ago I had a Teamviewer session with an user to find a crash (that never happened during that session), and we use the KMEM VOR to verify the distance from the airport, so it was clearly working.

Nobody has also reported a similar problem with it so far.

I am using ORBX's North American scenery files, if that may be an issue.  However, all my other sceneries seem to work fine with ORBX scenery.

I don't know what these files contains but, if they cause the problem, fact it happens only at KMEM doesn't obviously mean it's a KMEM problem, but only that these files (assuming they are the cause) are only causing a problem there or, more likely, you only noticed it there...