Author Topic: gsx installing into wrong location **SOLVED**  (Read 2817 times)

killerhsv

gsx installing into wrong location **SOLVED**
« on: June 26, 2016, 08:47:43 am »
hi im having troubles installing gsx into steam folders,i have removed the original flight sim x software and installed fsx-se a while back but trying to install gsx is proving to be impossible, its trying to install in the old software and when i hover over file location before i click install its gives the right steam file location but when i click install it goes to fsx files, how can i manually force it to install into fsx-se files
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:24:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx installing into wrong location
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:45:53 am »
You should remove the FSX registry keys, something the FSX uninstaller should have done.

killerhsv

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 10:19:15 am »
i wasnt able to remove from comp using standard method! revo uninstaller had removed the program and all the registrey keys. now i just had a look in regedit and there was still one folder in there! deleted that and now when i click install on gsx installer its dosnt even give me a location to install into

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 11:34:10 am »
Now you removed too much registry keys...try to launch FSX Steam and see if they are restored.

killerhsv

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 10:51:41 am »
i launched steam version no problem. now still giving me a blank location is there a way to force it to install in to the correct folder?

killerhsv

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 11:14:58 am »
all good i downloaded that fsregistrytweak app you gave that other person downloaded it and updated the registry location thanks