Author Topic: Unable to install after switching to Windows 7  (Read 11616 times)

Hernan2

• DELTA is MY Airline
Unable to install after switching to Windows 7
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:34:17 am »
Hi Humberto. After so many years using FS9 and Windows XP, I decided to "upgrade" to windows 7. I have been so frustrated with Windows7 not letting my FS9 work in this new environment. As I struggle with many items not showing up with my FS9, I learned there was an update from Windows 7 issued in September 2015 that really did it. Following the different forums, I was able to remove that update. Now my KLAX scenery is no longer showing up, and this is only KLAX that I noticed. I have not checked other sceneries I bought from FSDreamteam. I attempted to re install my KLAX scenery many times and it still doesn't show up. With Windows XP it was so easy, just go to scenery add-on and click on KLAX where both Scenery and Texture folders will appear and by clicking OK, it will be added to my sceneries. Now, with Windows 7, when both Scenery and Texture folders are visible, I tried to click on OK, but they both disappear. I read all you have to do is to click in the blank area, but still the scenery doesn't appear. Is there a new method to install sceneries now available? Please help. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to install after switching to Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 12:36:34 am »
Why you want to add the scenery manually ? The installer will do it automatically. Are you running FS9 Compatibility mode ? Don't.

Instead, install FS9 into a folder OUTSIDE the C:\Program Files folder, and it won't require to set any compatibility mode.

Hernan2

• DELTA is MY Airline
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 03:01:43 am »
Hi Umberto. I appreciate your quick response. I learned when transfering all files from the my old computer, I had to re-install them outside Program Files(x86) folder. It did create its own Program Files folder, and I have all of my Flight Simulator files on a dedicated disc D instead of the normal C. All of my add-on sceneries (freeware) seem to be working fine, with the exception of payware sceneries, like yours. When I was checking your sceneries (KLAXv2) KJFK and KDFW, so far, I noticed they all went into the "Trial" mode. They were fine for a few minutes until the "Trial mode had ended" warning showed up, and then the scenery buildings completely disappeared leaving just the jetways visible. Of course, at this time I am trying to deal with sceneries, because with aircraft is also another big headache. Flight Simulator removes the aircraft and all of the gauges and sounds. For now I would like to resolve the scenery problem. Why do payware sceneries, in this case my FS Dreamteam sceneries, change or convert to "trial" mode sceneries? I have not tried the following yet: KORD v2, LSGG, PHLI, PHNL, PHTO, Zurich /Zurich terrain yet. I'm affraid the same thing may happen. Should I uninstall all of them? but, how does one install them in windows7? Obviously the old way doesn't work. Thanks for your help 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 10:11:27 pm »
You cannot just "move" or "copy" any of our sceneries like that. You MUST run their proper installer.

When you say "I have all of my Flight Simulator files on a dedicated disc D instead of the normal C", do you mean all addons installed on a dedicated drive, or even FS9 *itself* ?

That's what I meant with installing into a dedicated folder.  You must:

- INSTALL FS9, using its own installer, into a dedicated folder, like D:\FS9 for example. DO NOT install it into C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86). Use the customized installation option that will let you choose an install folder freely.

- THEN reinstall all your payware scenery using only their proper installer that, now that FS9 has been properly installed using its own installer (so the registry keys are pointing to it), they should all be able to find it there.