Author Topic: Coutal crashed and crashed FSX  (Read 4567 times)

davidbr22

Coutal crashed and crashed FSX
« on: June 23, 2016, 09:30:48 pm »
I have GSX Ground svs, KLAX, KJFK V2 and GSX Ground Svs installed. All were downloaded 2 days ago. When I started FSX and requested catering, I got a message that an unkown addon was causing the engine to stop and restart. I restarted the engine and after 3 hours everything crashed. Logs are attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coutal crashed and crashed FSX
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 10:20:29 pm »
When I started FSX and requested catering, I got a message that an unkown addon was causing the engine to stop and restart.

You should have posted the error log when you saw this error (the message gave you the option to see the error log with Notepad). Your log made after the restart doesn't show any errors so, it's not possible to say what caused it.

davidbr22

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 11:14:17 pm »
Ok, when it crashes again tomorrow I'll make sure you get the log.
BTW, the log for the initial problem with having to restart the script was answered, but what about 3 hours later when it stopped and everything crashed. The log for that one is attached to my post.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:03 pm »
BTW, the log for the initial problem with having to restart the script was answered

The log you posted was surely after the restart. That's why it's useless to know which caused the first problem. You should post the error log that comes out if you reply Yes to the question about showing the error log, which will open it in Notepad.

but what about 3 hours later when it stopped and everything crashed. The log for that one is attached to my post.

that's *another* problem, but in order to have a chance to identify what might have caused this, we would need to have a look at the initial error, which wan't a crash like the 2nd one.

davidbr22

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 04:40:44 pm »
Well, it did it again --- ERROR LOG ATTACHED.  Any help appreciated.
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »
What other 3rd party modules you have installed ? ASN maybe ?

davidbr22

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 04:11:35 pm »
Yup --- ASN and FSUIPC and that's about it. After the crash I added a CFS 767. If it's ASN, any work around ? Is the CFS 767 compatible ?
Dave

pluto777

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 06:19:33 pm »
@ Virtual / FSDT
As mentionned to you guys, I encounter the same problems as davidbr22
This must be new version problem as I encounter the same problems.
New P3D and new version Couatl, this combination now, results in crash issues !
There is no other third party soft involved !
I did a solo full install of P3D without any other software / only Aerosoft A318/319
Everything runs fine for hours, but immediatly after installing Couatl / GSX  the system crashes.
I also tried with GSX uninstalled and only installing FSDT Megascenery KJFK2...when selecting KJFK as airport, the system crashes !  when selecting an other airport:  no crash (no gsx at that moment)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 08:14:51 pm »
As mentionned to you guys, I encounter the same problems as davidbr22

Everything runs fine for hours, but immediatly after installing Couatl / GSX  the system crashes.

He called it a "crash", but it's not. It's a properly reported error. What do you mean with "the system crashes" ? The whole system ? Just the sim ? Just GSX ?

What errors you see ?

pluto777

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 07:40:20 pm »
Thx for answering.
I see:  prepar3d stopped working - windows will stop the program - windows will try to find a solution...
As asked in other post:  maybe consider a goback to W7 ? I heard today from other simmers that 3e party software providers are not experienced enough yet, with W10 - they suggest: in mean time, hold on to W7.
Do you agree Virtuali ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 08:54:42 pm »
Everyone at FSDT uses Windows 10 now. Our software is 100% compatible with it. In any case, your problem is different by the one reported in this thread, both because it's a real crash, and because you use P3D and not FSX.

Please open a new thread, with a proper title, and report the error, as found in the Windows Event Viewer. Please don't reply here.