Author Topic: Preselecting Gate  (Read 3559 times)

mroschk

Preselecting Gate
« on: June 19, 2016, 01:31:23 pm »
Hi,

the Feature i rquested a Long Long time ago ( at this time it was rejected ) is now implemented...ok

But when i am in Range of the Destination Airport i can select the Gate, ok.
But then after landing i have to select "Request Fellowme" 2 Times. Why that ?
In the first window i select "Request Followme " and then appiers another window where
i have again to say YES .. i want a Followme.
I did not take any Picture because i am sure you know what i mine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Preselecting Gate
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 11:00:39 pm »
But then after landing i have to select "Request Fellowme" 2 Times. Why that ? In the first window i select "Request Followme " and then appiers another window where  i have again to say YES .. i want a Followme.

That menu has always been like that, for as long the FollowMe existed. As soon as you select a parking (or, in this case, as soon as you touch down, if you already selected it in flight), the first menu will offer a chance to change the parking, ask for a follow me or warp there, then a second menu would appear to confirm it.

But yes, I guess we could probably skip the confirmation step.

mroschk

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 07:11:38 pm »
ok, that would be great.

Btw, since i have the new Version and a gate preselected, i have a bigger break in the Frames (like a short pause) directly
after touchdown.
Are you aware of that ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 05:29:08 pm »
Btw, since i have the new Version and a gate preselected, i have a bigger break in the Frames (like a short pause) directly after touchdown. Are you aware of that ?

That's normal, of course. Vehicles must be created sooner or later so, the pause you had at the gate, is now moved after you touch down.

We cannot create vehicles in flight (and of course, the pause would be in flight then) because we must have the plane on ground in order to calculate the correct door's height to the actual airplane weight when on ground (with shock absorbers compression included), which we cannot do when the plane is flying.

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 08:24:44 pm »
Honestly, the thing that bothers me most is having to wait for the follow me after landing, would it be possible to have an option to choose the taxiway the follow me waits at before landing?