Author Topic: What Flight Simming is all About  (Read 3987 times)

Hipshot

What Flight Simming is all About
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:37:01 am »
Hi Everyone,

I was about to update GSX with the latest full installer but I then I read in this forum that when you select a gate in flight your flight comes to a jerky halt on touch down. Isn't flight simming about flying? Isn't doing a really professional landing the most satisfying part of the flight? Now we have an update which makes you wonder if we've forgotten what flight simming is all about if it interferes with the most critical and potentially most satisfying part of the flight.

If I download the full installer can I still wait until I'm on a taxiway before I select a gate or does this update require that selection to be made in flight?

If I have to have the landing and rollout interfered with in this way then I don't want this update.

Richard
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:52:06 am by Hipshot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What Flight Simming is all About
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 10:43:38 am »
If I download the full installer can I still wait until I'm on a taxiway before I select a gate or does this update require that selection to be made in flight?

Obviously YES!! Nobody said you *must* pre-select a gate in flight, it's just an additional feature we added because some users wanted it.

Hipshot

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 02:50:18 pm »
That's very good. So glad too to see the answer worded in the usual angry format so prevalent throughout these support forums.

GSX is an excellent immersive add-on that keeps getting better. It's a shame that the attitude within support isn't to the same high standard.

Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:52:04 pm »
So glad too to see the answer worded in the usual angry format so prevalent throughout these support forums.

So sad to see the intended enthusiastic meaning of the exclamation marks, where misunderstood as "angry"...