Author Topic: Buildings disappeared  (Read 3817 times)

rhuck

Buildings disappeared
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:10:48 pm »
Hi, all,

I've had FSDT installed for quite some time with no problems. At some point in the last two weeks, though, I discovered that all of my FSDT scenery has lost all of its buildings and most of its other scenery. I'm left with low-res terrain, jet bridges, and a few little minor models, like cargo containers, taxi signs, and other stuff. The airport data itself is in tact, since I see AI aircraft taxing along the correct routes.

In the last two weeks, the only main changes I made were:

- Installing the Wilco CRJ Nextgen aircraft
 - Installing the ImagineSim KCLT and KLGA airports (for the KCLT I first downloaded the trial before purchasing it).
 - Used an old version (v1.0) of FSX Booster 2013, which I have since updated.

I tried uninstalling the Wilco CRJ, and reverting my .cfg file. Plus, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the scenery (along with the ancillary couatl.exe and other supporting files). I've also tried making sure my display setting are up to par, and the LAX scenery is on the top of the list for the scenery database. At this point I'm out of ideas, and am quite perplexed as to what happened. Like I said, I've had this scenery installed for at least a year now and never had any problems with it until just now.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing, in case it helps.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b576/thehuckster/fsdt_lax_zpsrlsgx6tf.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:21:45 pm by virtuali »

rhuck

Re: Buildings disappeared
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:12:07 pm »
Whoops, I forgot one small other detail. This is also a problem with all other FSDT scenery. I also have KORD, KLAS, and KJFK and they each have also lost their buildings. All of my other custom scenery from other vendors seems to be intact, though.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 04:22:44 pm »
- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF. Download the latest KLAS installer on our site, not an old installer you might have downloaded in the past.

- Uninstall the Scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

rhuck

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 06:28:35 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply. Installing a fresh copy seemed to work. I had done all the other steps you listed before, but with an older download, so I think it was installing the new copy that worked.

Now FSX is just really, really unstable, and crashing repeatedly after just a second or so of loading. Event viewer shows:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xffba01b7
Faulting process id: 0x1324
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1cb0f1a526b20
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 93eb3b60-3702-11e6-9658-00044b17a245

Unless you have any ideas, I think I'll just have to uninstall and reinstall FSX with all the addons. :( It's not the first time this sort of thing has happened.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 11:08:08 pm »
Unless you have any ideas, I think I'll just have to uninstall and reinstall FSX with all the addons.

If you do reinstall, make sure you install it to the root of your drive, and NOT within either Program Files directories. The sim needs full rights, and Windows protects the Program Files directories by default, you'll continue to have problems unless you know how to assign rights. The root has full rights by default.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

rhuck

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 01:35:54 am »
Thanks, Bruce.

I've had it in Program Files since the very beginning and never seemed to have big issues (besides the usual "occasional" crashes). What you say makes sense, though. I don't know how it's been as stable as it has being in program files this entire time.