Author Topic: Install Error Message  (Read 5491 times)

CaptLou

Install Error Message
« on: December 17, 2008, 03:04:09 am »
I tried to install Geneva trial version.  Get the following message:  Internal Expression Error:'Runtime Error (at 98:835):'=/059' is not a valid interger value.    I have now idea what that means.  I klick OK (only option) and the installer continues on.  LSGG shows up in the FSdreamteam folder but not in the Flight Sim.  Checked with AFCAD and it shows only the original MSFS airport.   Any help would be appreciated.  Not much time left to get deal on Geneva and Zurich.  Current state of Canadian Dollar means extra exchange :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install Error Message
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 09:50:25 am »
Get the following message:  Internal Expression Error:'Runtime Error (at 98:835):'=/059' is not a valid interger value.    I have now idea what that means. 

You have a syntax error in your scenery.cfg, probably around a line which contains a 059. The installer doesn't risk touching an already corrupted scenery.cfg, because it might risk corrupting it even more.

There are already many cases of corruption that are gracefully handled by the installer, so it can at least issue a clear error message but, perhaps this one wasn't expected, so the error is more obscure.

It would be really helpful if you would Attach (or send me via email) your scenery.cfg, it would help improving the installer handling another case of scenery.cfg corruption.

CaptLou

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 04:09:48 pm »
Thanks for the quick come back.  I will try to work out how best to get my scenery cfg file to you.  I do not know how to get it into the forum.  Will send by e-mail.

CaptLou

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 02:47:06 am »
Thank you Umberto, for your reply to my e-mail.  I do not know how, or why the "=/" was put in front of the [area 59] in the config file but removing it did the job.  I now have the trial version of Geneva installed.  Looks great.  Interesting to watch the buildings disapear. :D  Will order the full version ASAP

CaptLou