Author Topic: I do WHAT to operate the jetways?  (Read 7607 times)

upintheatmos

I do WHAT to operate the jetways?
« on: June 21, 2016, 05:48:09 am »
Ok so I've read through the forum already trying to troubleshoot this but to no luck.

I reinstalled KIAH and GSX but I can't seem to operate the jetways. Does it show up in the GSX dialogue box? Because it's not showing up. Does the jetway move when I select deboarding/boarding? Because it's not.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest IAH and GSX installs. And SODE is installed as well. What am I doing wrong?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: I do WHAT to operate the jetways?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 02:34:03 pm »
Try hitting Ctrl-J... If the jetway moves, you're not current on IAH.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:48:13 pm »
Does it show up in the GSX dialogue box? Because it's not showing up. Does the jetway move when I select deboarding/boarding? Because it's not.

IF you use the latest version of KIAH, GSX and SODE, you should then go to a parking with a SODE jetway, which is indicated with "/JS" on the GSX parking selection menu.

You will then see the jetway selection menu AFTER you select boarding or deboarding in GSX.

If you don't see it, it means that SODE cannot solve the jetway for some reason, usually because you parking in the wrong spot, or because your airplane is not configured properly with GSX.

upintheatmos

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 09:11:34 pm »
I'm about to give up on this. I downloaded the full installer AGAIN for both IAH and GSX. I know I have the newest version of IAH because I  cant press Ctrl+J. I know I have the new version of GSX because it says Version 1.9.9 on the installer. Still no jetway dialogue box after I select boarding/deboarding.

What do you mean when you say an aircraft could not properly be configured with GSX? I'm using a PMDG 737NGX btw. Wrong parking spot? On start up?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 09:15:27 pm »
What do you mean when you say an aircraft could not properly be configured with GSX? I'm using a PMDG 737NGX btw.

The PMDG 737 is internally supported so, unless you modified it and made some kind of mistake, it will work without any need to configure it.

Wrong parking spot? On start up?

If with "On startup", you mean you used to Go To Airport menu to go to a parking, it should work. Do you have any error messages from SODE ? Try to use the "Reload All" menu option in SODE, then start GSX.

upintheatmos

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 09:23:54 pm »
The PMDG isn't modified.

Will SODE come with the installation of IAH? or GSX?

I get no SODE notifications while in the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 09:27:58 pm »
Will SODE come with the installation of IAH? or GSX?

Both.

I get no SODE notifications while in the sim.

Nothing ? Not even a message saying the connection is alive ?

upintheatmos

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 09:29:47 pm »
That is correct. Is it possible SODE is not connecting to FSX:SE but rather my old version of FSX? That's the only thing I could reason.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 09:31:32 pm »
Start the SODE Platform manager and check if it's active on the correct sim.

upintheatmos

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 09:54:32 pm »
It shows Platform Installation Path C:\FSX\

Which is not where my FSX:SE folders are located. Looks like I found the issue.