Author Topic: Couatl error message on loading FSX  (Read 12497 times)

Midnight Music

Couatl error message on loading FSX
« on: December 26, 2008, 05:56:08 pm »
I just purchased and installed the Geneva scenery. I already own all your other sceneries. I now get an error message "Couatl has encountered a problem and has to close" on start up of FSX. FSX will then continue and load up fine. Addon manager shows all your sceneries as active. I'm not sure how to fix that, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Lee

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl error message on loading FSX
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 07:56:30 pm »
Couatl.exe doesn't have anything to do with activation, registration or the Addon Manager (although it requires the Addon Manager to be working to run).

If you can't run Couatl.exe, the scenery will work, but you'll lose ParkMe and YouControl features in all sceneries that support that, which are Geneva and JFK.

Have you downloading and installing the 1.1 Hotfix for Geneva ?

Midnight Music

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 10:22:04 pm »
Yes and it still shows up. I'm going to try a complete un-install and install and see if that does anything. I'll post back here after that.

Lee

Midnight Music

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:55:24 pm »
Could this have something to do with the problem? I got this message while re-installing JFK and Geneva at the Couatl download point in the process.

Lee
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:18:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 12:18:36 am »
Could this have something to do with the problem? I got this message while re-installing JFK and Geneva at the Couatl download point in the process

Yes, of course. Your antivirus is wrongly identifying the couatl.exe as a virus, so it's blocking it at start.

You need to either disable heuristic search, or define the couatl.exe as a trusted file (if it's possible with your antivirus) or just turn it off during installation, and exclude the FSX folder (with subfolders, if possible) from scanning, at run time.

Midnight Music

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 01:37:39 am »
Okay, that was it. I had to disable the firewall to completely install Geneva. Thanks for the help.

Lee 8)