Author Topic: Installation  (Read 4713 times)

c09RKC

Installation
« on: June 14, 2016, 12:12:07 pm »
Hello all!

I'm still an FSX user although P3D is installed on the cmptr as well. When I run the KMEM installer, FSX isn't an option for installation but P3D is. FSX is grayed out. This behavior is true with all FSDT software. My newest downloads that get the same results are KMEM, GSX (update), GSX Vehicle Update and the KIAH update.

Any ideas? Tkx!
Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:13:55 pm »
If all sim icons are greyed out, it means your FSX is not the correct version. Our products requires FSX with the Service Pack 2 or the Acceleration Pack installed, or FSX Steam Edition.

If your FSX is the original version or the Service Pack 1 version, our products cannot be installed.

The Service Packs 1 and 2 are a free download from Microsoft and are required by most of the 3rd party add ons.

c09RKC

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 07:43:06 pm »
Hmmm... I'm certain SP2's installed but I'll install it again when done here.

My setup is networked. Here I'm speaking of the FSX Server. I have 5 other identical cmptr's that act as IGs, each running it's own TV. KMEM installed on those 5 machines, not a hint of a problem. FSX was "alive" come time to make the choice.

That said, clearly the problem isn't KMEM rather my FSX Server. I was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion on where to start looking for the problem. If I can't get it installed on the Server, there's really no point to have it on the IGs.

Tkx!!
Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 02:02:53 pm »
If you are *sure* you installed the SP1+SP2, then you might have your FSX registry keys missing or pointing to the wrong folder on that system.

c09RKC

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 07:53:16 pm »
Getting into a gray area for me. Would I be asking for trouble regarding my other addon software by uninstalling SP2, then reinstalling SP1 & SP2? SP2's the only one listed in Add-Remove Programs.

Tkx for your replies!!!!
Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 08:37:35 pm »
Uninstalling the SP2 shouldn't have any effect on installed addons, then you'll have to reinstall both SP1 and SP2.

c09RKC

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 08:53:48 pm »
Fixed! Tkx to yourself and all those wiser than me.

I live in Memphis, TN so I'm particularly interested in your KMEM release. With all I see on the forum though, the bug reports, it might be a good idea to wait until an update is offered...?

Tkx again!!
Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 09:03:00 pm »
With all I see on the forum though, the bug reports, it might be a good idea to wait until an update is offered...?

That's the problem with the old habits of "checking the forum" before deciding to purchase something, which might apply to other products without a trial and a Live update system, but not with our own, where you can download a Trial a see for yourself how it works on your system.

And if you had a look at the Live Update release notes, you would have known that we already fixed most if not all the problems reported, and because the way our installers works, you always get most of the updates automatically, since lots of what makes the scenery are just scripts that are downloaded and kept updated automatically.