Author Topic: Las Vegas Update or Re-make  (Read 18687 times)

01pewterz28

Las Vegas Update or Re-make
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »
Umberto will Vegas be a complete re-make or just an update. I replied to your post on O'Hare looking like a re-make so just wondering if Vegas will follow down the same path as a remake or an update to add the new tower, terminal, taxiways, upgraded textures, ect...

Thanks in advance I am looking forward to both.

Dominato83

Re: Las Vegas Update or Re-make
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:28:17 pm »
I'd expect it will be a full remake.  It's how many years old now and the techniques used to make LAS back then are certainly not the same that was used to make MEM, so a update of just the new additions would probably have areas that stick out from the rest due to different modeling and texturing techniques.  Of course, I'm not in charge around here but my $.02

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 10:48:54 pm »
Sceneries are pretty much snapshots in time. Unless the real thing has changed, I wouldn't expect anything major to be done, certainly not to the extent of Memphis.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

01pewterz28

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 07:06:04 pm »
Sceneries are pretty much snapshots in time. Unless the real thing has changed, I wouldn't expect anything major to be done, certainly not to the extent of Memphis.

Updated taxiways, new terminal, new control tower, and some other items plus I am sure they can enhance it to update the textures to improve the already good fps. Like any airport we always look forward to them being updated to the current state this one is no different.

walterg74

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 12:35:52 am »
I would also like to know this. Would like to decide to buy it now on sale, and if I will get the update later, or if it will be a new product i will hold off and buy it then.

walterg74

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 02:30:17 pm »
Bump for virtuali?

Will klas be a new product/separate purchase or upgrade to existing?

01pewterz28

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 04:04:21 pm »
He mentioned in another post a complete re-make should put it up to if not better with KMEM technology.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 05:48:03 pm »
He mentioned in another post a complete re-make should put it up to if not better with KMEM technology.

We only confirmed a KLAS update in the foreseeable future in several other posts.

We never confirmed a remake. More precisely, we still haven't decided to go for a total remake like KORD, or just an upgrade to add the new terminal-

01pewterz28

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 05:51:20 pm »
Sorry thought I read in one of your several posts it would be a re-make like ORD. Anyway I hope it's just more than a terminal addition a complete re-make would really do this great scenery justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walterg74

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 03:27:54 am »

We only confirmed a KLAS update in the foreseeable future in several other posts.

We never confirmed a remake. More precisely, we still haven't decided to go for a total remake like KORD, or just an upgrade to add the new terminal-

Thanks. I'm just trying to,decide to either buy it now or wait. If it will be an uodate I will buy it now, but if it will be a re-make, I wouldn't like to have to buy it twice...

hoang

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 09:17:07 pm »

Thanks. I'm just trying to,decide to either buy it now or wait. If it will be an uodate I will buy it now, but if it will be a re-make, I wouldn't like to have to buy it twice...
I just bought Las Vegas from FSDT. I know there will be an update/remake in the future but buying now doesn't hurt at all. First there aren't any good KLAS out there for FSX, second...I'm pretty sure previous customer of the scenery will have some sort of discount for the new KLAS (I have faith lol).
In addition, I believed that any developers will look into the sales of the products to decide either update/remake or not, if the products doesn't sell well then they have to really consider.
If we continue to show our supports by buying it, more chance of having better one in the future.

So far, despite its age, the current KLAS still satisfy me.

/Oh, there will be a remake for KLAS
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,3497.375.html
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:19:53 pm by hoang »

Brian S

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 01:28:17 am »
KLAS has just appeared on the Fly Tampa map of projects, and word is they are doing the whole city with it, so this may cause the FSDT team to re-think their plans (or maybe not) as far as an update goes if they have not started it yet.  Time will tell.   I would love FSDT to move onto other things (update PHNL for instance for performance with latest techniques) since this appears to be the case.  Both developers are great, but it takes so much time, much rather not have them working on the same thing.  Just my two cents. 

juancho

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 04:38:43 pm »
Don't even bother with LAS if Flytampa is doing it.  We need update for Chicago and FLL really bad.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 07:53:38 pm »
As we said several times by now, we'll surely update KLAS.

okupton

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 03:08:29 am »
 Agreed. If FlyTampa is doing Vegas, why bother? I would think the grand majority of new customers (and already existing fsdt customers) would go to flytampa over fsdt so the only people who would benefit from this update is pre existing customers who already own las.