Author Topic: KMEM in FSX aircraft is positioned underground  (Read 6098 times)

funflyed

KMEM in FSX aircraft is positioned underground
« on: June 13, 2016, 05:59:47 pm »
I had problems seeing the runways in P3d but have corrected that and it's working fine now in that sim. However, when i locate any arcrft at KMEM in FSX it is actually located below the tarmac....... If I slew it up about 20 ft in altitude its on the runway....really weird. Additionally, unlike a ghost image where the aircraft would taxi this simply bounces back off the obstruction (earth) ahead and won't go anywhere....
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Funflyed
Uploaded image:
Placed aircraft at KMEM with "Go to Airport" menu selection. If I deselect the FSDT KMEM in scenery the aircraft is positioned correctly on the runway.

THANKS ALL.
I do have Orbyx and by deactivating the KMEM in AEC folder I know have a Great view of Memphis International. The help is much appreciated....
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:04:17 pm by funflyed »

DispatchRandy

Re: KMEM in FSX aircraft is positioned underground
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 02:44:35 am »

It would help if you provided screenshots

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 11:44:24 am »
Sometimes this happen, with every scenery. Your solution of slew a bit is correct. No idea about the bounce-back problem, if you don't provide the coordinates or location where this happens.

bribeth

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:15:15 pm »
I had the same problem. If you have ORBX FTX-Global Vector, be sure to disable AEC for KMEM.
Brian A. Neuman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 06:16:45 pm »
Yes, now that you posted a screenshot, it's clear the problem is caused ORBX FTX-Global Vector, see the previous post.

Florida1146

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 01:31:12 am »
Had the same problem, and when I disabled MEM in FTX Global, it solved the depth problem. But it also did something to the BGL file, and now my Aivlasoft EFB can't find it when it tries to load the airport.

Another ideas on how to fix this?
-= Gary =-

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 09:36:27 am »
But it also did something to the BGL file, and now my Aivlasoft EFB can't find it when it tries to load the airport.

I assume that utility must read the scenery AFCAD so, the real issue is, it should read the FSDT KMEM AFCAD in the first place, which is 100% standard.

Florida1146

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 08:22:20 pm »
But it also did something to the BGL file, and now my Aivlasoft EFB can't find it when it tries to load the airport.

I assume that utility must read the scenery AFCAD so, the real issue is, it should read the FSDT KMEM AFCAD in the first place, which is 100% standard.

Well, the utility was working properly prior to my disabling the KMEM airport using the FTX Global Vector AEC. So what happened to the AFCAD entry that should have replaced the original? I have to go over to the ORBX site and find out what DID happen, I guess. All I know is that when EFB loaded after the change, it couldn't find the BGL file for KMEM.
-= Gary =-